Print Story Cognitive? Dis' son in'nt...
Ranting
By rizzo (Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 11:52:20 AM EST) (all tags)
I gotta start writing again. I left quite a scorchmark on HuSi's tighty-whiteys with that last epic, unsubstantiated rant that hit the queue at the urging of a certain crazyperson from crazypeopletown, TX who eats things with faces raised by people with faces he recognizes. Bigger, admittedly less-cute faces than iGrrrl's test subjects, even.

And enjoy the poll...

Yes, indeed, I need to write more. But what about? What first? I'm on such a strange wavelength these days I'm not even sure where to begin on how to relate in a way that would resonate almost anyone else here onto said wavelength or octave thereof without engaging in protracted arguments and ridiculous name-calling in the interest of avoiding the confrontation of one's most soothing biases.

Does that sound arrogant? I guess I must be feeling arrogant, along with confused, lonely, disparaged, enthralled, exhilerated, uplifted, optimistic and pessimistic. In short, dissonant... cognitively speaking.

Fortunately, I'm beginning to lose my fear of the nearly perpetual state of cognitive dissonance that informing oneself of the world's affairs must inevitably produce, seeing the phase-shifting oscillations of that dissonant tone reverberating inversely back up the walls of my current reality tunnel as it exposes the inverse effect on rational thought and personal stewardship.

In short, it's enough to drive a person batshit. It's more than enough to drive them all the way around to the other side to arrive back at sane again, although at an angle slightly deviated from the starting point of this circumcision made around the skin of this fruit I call my mind, in a mental civil engineering effort to rival Boston's Big Dig both in hubris, tenacity, scale, disruption, inconvenience, public outrage and yes, increasingly widespread appreciation.

So like an orange-peeling effort commenced by a quick slice around the middle which ends up missing the starting slice by the width of a headphone jack, i need to make a quick but meaningful longitudinal stroke to connect like wormholes these two ends in that journey around the skin of spacetime in a Hegelian attempt at synthesis from the merger of theses and antitheses.

In other, fortunately also English words, I need to reflect and process. Reflect and process. And what better mirror-polished mechanical turk to dump my brain into than youse gyse!

Unfortunately I don't "have time" today. Whatever the hell that's supposed to mean. Sorry to disappoint!
< Friday, end o the week, like. | Watched Netherlands and France >
Cognitive? Dis' son in'nt... | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
i hope your poll option... by misslake (4.00 / 3) #1 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 01:00:21 PM EST
doesn't indicate some sort of predjudice against dr. bronners.

WE NEED OUR VAGINAS TO BE MINTY FRESH, DAMMNIT!

I WISH TO SUBSCRIBE TO YOUR MINTY-FRESH NEWSLETTER by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Jun 14, 2008 at 12:28:34 AM EST
It can be routed through New Guinea for all I care. I will pay the extra postage.

Oh hell no! by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #8 Sun Jun 15, 2008 at 07:53:34 PM EST
I'm a bottle-carrying member of the Winterfresh Manjunk Society, myself! Truly a great man, driven absolutely shit crazy by the realization of fundamental Unity.

I ran this through my de-wankery script by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 02:18:39 PM EST

And it only left three words.

Also, WIPO by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 02:20:25 PM EST

There is only one type of person, and that type is known colloquially as "target".

Rozerem works if you can get it by tuscoops (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri Jun 13, 2008 at 03:57:46 PM EST
I had a Rozerem-induced dream about a guy in a mental institution who died and was so insane (or sane) that when he crossed over to the "other" side, he searched for God's power to come back to life to win the heart of the girl in the institution he felt deprived of (also because he blamed God for cutting his life short and not giving him enough time to win her heart).

Apparently God in this dream wasn't so much of an entity as much as it was a vast collection of powers...and he only took part of them, or rather, the only ones he thought were necessary for his task.

So, he rose from the dead with the power, was able to make her love him with the power, and was able to persuade some people to let them out of the institution with the power. But the powers that remained, that he didn't take, wanted to be whole again and set obstacle after obstacle in their way, but the girl "loved" him so much she kept sacrificing herself to protect him against others: she was thrown from the top of a building, run over by a truck, etc.

The guy kept bringing her back to life, each time less of a person and more of a piled heap of matter, and as time wore on and her deaths continued, a larger portion of her existence/soul was in the other side, this time in the underworld, where God's power still existed, but the obstacles became more deranged. It had a kinda superhero/comic book feel about it, wherein the sidekick is a crazy girl under the influence of God's power, limbs mangled, neck broken, etc., and the "hero" is just some guy who was crazy enough to become the Antichrist and is becoming ever more convinced that they only way he's going to be happy is if he stops God by becoming God, or somehow attaining all of God's powers despite the opposition.

YRMV.

Holy goddamn by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Jun 15, 2008 at 08:03:53 PM EST
The weirdest side-effects I've found consist of:
  • a missed menstrual period;
  • nipple discharge (never a good thing, especially if you're a dude); or
  • loss of interest in sex.
They don't say NOTHIN about epic, allegorical, fever-like dream-films! Wow, what a story... thanks for laying that out!

(Fortunately I'm sleeping great; must be the contour pillow.)

Write about Zimbabwe by Alan Crowe (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Jun 14, 2008 at 10:14:23 AM EST
Robert Mugabe's regime has introduced anti-terrorism laws allowing police to detain suspects for up to 42 days without charge. With Morgan Tsvangirai in jail and unable to campaign Mugabe will hang onto power. What is Tsvangirai suspected of? No charge is needed to justify holding him. We will never know.

wait whuuuh? by rizzo (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Jun 15, 2008 at 08:04:58 PM EST
I thought that was the EwKay?

(Comment Deleted) by Beechwood 45789 (2.00 / 0) #7 Sat Jun 14, 2008 at 03:10:54 PM EST

This comment has been deleted by Beechwood 45789

that's the right response: just back away. by garlic (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Jun 16, 2008 at 11:48:22 AM EST

Cognitive? Dis' son in'nt... | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback