Print Story Ugh
Working life
By anonimouse (Thu May 08, 2008 at 10:05:58 PM EST) (all tags)
Yesterdays timesheet

Start: 09:15am
Lunch break: 16:15-17:15pm
Finish: 03:30am

Reinstalling 350 systems into Cacti monitoring.

Thank god for hourly rates.

< Hey | batch renaming in Windows? >
Ugh | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
OT: Todays Times by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu May 08, 2008 at 10:18:31 PM EST
Page 75. C Vs. East Sussex CC.
Enlightening.

Can you scan it and post somewhere? by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu May 08, 2008 at 10:27:28 PM EST
I am in Chermany again this week so can't go and buy a copy...

Damn. Chucked it out at Cannon Street. by Phage (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 08, 2008 at 10:36:00 PM EST
I was annoyed by the decision by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #4 Thu May 08, 2008 at 11:37:59 PM EST
If you read it carefully, you will note the father lost the appeal despite the bad behaviour of the Local Authority.

Lord Justice Thorpe takes a more understanding dissenting position, as he is often seen to do.

Due to the dissent, I think that it should go to the House of Lords, but I'm not sure they'll take it there. I would argue that S24 of the act may be compliant, but the overall effect was not compliant, and also failed to address the welfare of the child on the basis that placement with a natural parent is always preferable to adoption. cf. Keegan (ECHR), which offers a way forward.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
You need to explain to your employer by Herring (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu May 08, 2008 at 11:45:56 PM EST
"I know it says that you get unlimited work for £x a day, but that's subject to my Fair Use policy which means that excessive boring or annoying work is subject to a cap."

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Actually by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu May 08, 2008 at 11:50:15 PM EST
My contract officially stipulates a working week of up to 37.5 hours with overtime agreed by both parties.

However, my unofficial contract with my immediate superiors is "I'll work the hours I choose providing the work you ask me to do comes in on time". In this case, I wanted to get this highly boring job out of the way in one session.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Excellent. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu May 08, 2008 at 11:58:52 PM EST
Although he's actually on the £3 per MB deal, not the £15 'unlimited' usage deal, so he's fine.

Hmmm, I read the T & Cs for BT's unlimited international calls deal: The fair use policy's 600 minutes a month. Which is to say that the cheapest that calls get is 0.86p per minute, plus a 6p connection charge.

Hey, did you see that? You made a joke, and I turned it into a tedious whinge. No wonder they call me the life and soul of the party.

Ugh | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback