Print Story Who picked first full week of May?
Motorbikes
By georgeha (Thu May 08, 2008 at 01:17:48 PM EST) bikes, twee, war to end all wars (all tags)
No one, too bad.

Update [2008-5-9 12:34:5 by georgeha]: Now with my usual weekly wrapup, including the Life Aquatic, The Guns of August, Hogan's Hideaway and less!

Poll: When will I first commute on my bike?

Now I just need insurance (where the Hell's my economic stimulus package) and a check of the moving parts and tire pressure, and I'm going mobile.

Added Friday at lunchtime

I was even gushing about my bike to eleven year old's teacher this morning. I just need to get insurance, go over with a fine tooth comb, and I'm back on the road. Seeing as I got my economic stimulus money, there's no barrier to insurance, so next week I should be riding.

Other than that, not too much happened this week, though I have started the garden up.

The weekend was good, there was another night of babysitting, this time I didn't stay to chaperone, instead Mrs. Ha and I went out to dinner to celebrate her new job, at Hogan's Hideaway. The food was good, Mrs. Ha had French Onion soup, I had a spearfish salad, but I forgot how loud it is there. It wasn't very intimate and relaxing, and we were nearly the oldest couple there.

This weekend's movie was The Life Aquatic. It was almost a funny movie, there were times when I was close to laughing. Definitely the weakest Wes Anderson movie I've seen.

In other media news, I just finished The Guns of August, the story of the first month of World War 1. I don't know a lot about World war 1, besides trenches, the Red Baron and Snoopy, so it was a good read, it deserves it's status as a classic.

It's looking to be a busy weekend. Eleven year old has a class trip on Monday, so we need to get her packed, supplies bought, and the tent packaged. We'll probably go to Buffalo to see the mother in law on Saturday. and six year old was told she has enough money to buy a DS cartridge, so she wants to hit the Toy Store. Plus bike work, cleaning the house, gardening, babysitting tonight, busy, busy busy.

< What happened to all of the other housing bubbles outside America? | Hey >
Who picked first full week of May? | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Going mobile? by lm (4.00 / 1) #1 Thu May 08, 2008 at 01:29:35 PM EST
May both Smokey and the Taxman miss you!

Cicero, The Republic
Congrats! by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu May 08, 2008 at 04:57:34 PM EST
Have fun with it. Looks like I'm going to be in the market for a Bonnie by the end of the summer, I'm thinking. I still need to get my permit and take the MSF course and such -- but in 20 days, I'll have been without a cigarette for a year.
To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
Sign up for MSF now by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri May 09, 2008 at 03:57:21 AM EST
or as soon as you get your permit, in Rochester classes fill up by March.

in IL by garlic (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri May 09, 2008 at 05:17:46 AM EST
it's the day after the classes open up in late feburary.

It's been so long by Phage (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu May 08, 2008 at 10:45:11 PM EST
I can't remember what you have now. Some ancient Kwak wasn't it ? an LTD or z500 ?

1975 Kz400 by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri May 09, 2008 at 04:18:48 AM EST
I prefer the word venerable, though.

That's the one by Phage (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri May 09, 2008 at 05:29:32 AM EST
A friend of mine had the z500. Nice bike. Superb brakes for the era as I recall. Camchain tended to be a bit fragile, but then that just may have been him.

It's a pretty basic parallel twin by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 09, 2008 at 05:36:58 AM EST
I doubt it would hit 100, but it will get me around until I can get my Honda 76 CB550 running.

The single cam one ? by Phage (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri May 09, 2008 at 05:57:04 AM EST
Nice, but a little small physically for me, as I'm a BF Git.
Heh - Confusion what you call the Kz400 I used to call the LTD. The z500 was this one.

Yep, single cam with balancers by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri May 09, 2008 at 06:06:50 AM EST
It would look like this one if it were stock, but it has a repainted and chipped gas tank, a windshield, a remade seat, different mirrors, mismatched side covers and a big trunk, a real rat bike.

No duct tape ? by Phage (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri May 09, 2008 at 06:28:17 AM EST
I'm disappointed.

I did have electricians tape holding the headlight by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri May 09, 2008 at 06:37:28 AM EST
bucket in, until I scored a better one at a boot (garage) sale for $3.

There's a certain pleasure to getting bargains by Phage (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri May 09, 2008 at 06:40:42 AM EST
I have find memories of dipping the beam on my z650 by reaching over and pushing the lamp down. Classy taping though.