Print Story You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you
Travel
By Bob Abooey (Mon May 05, 2008 at 06:22:51 AM EST) The critically acclaimed Trail Master series (all tags)
The Trail Mastertm Series 2008

I dusted off my trusty trail-boots Sunday last and sallied forth into the great unknown, looking for adventure and whatnot. My trusted steed headed south to the Cuyahoga Valley National Park where I tied him up to a pole and ventured forth on the trail.

Twas a great day, temps in the 50's and lots of blue sky.

The trail led past many interesting peaks and valleys with myriad hills to ascend and descend.

We're going along with nary a problem until: Uh Oh - We have a code red hiking emergency folks! It looks like the bridge oer yon is OUT of commission.

Of course that didn't stop the Pilgrims when they landed at Coney Island and it's certainly not going to stop The Trail-Master from forging onward. I found a place downstream and perilously crossed with the aid of several strategically placed timbers.

Trail Master Tip: Don't try this at home!

It wasn't long afore we happened upon yet another bridge with DANGER tape stuck on it. This bridge seemed sound enough so we gingerly walked across it and moved on. Nothing stops the Trail-Master when he's on the scent of adventure!

Two and a half miles later we hit paydirt as we heard the roar of the Brandywine Falls!

This is no mamby pamby waterfall - it's quite impressive and captivating.

From the lower observation deck you feel like you can literally stick your hand out and touch the water as it careens down the rocky slope.

After some lunch we turned and headed back to our horses.

Total trip: 5.95 miles.
Injuries: One slightly twisted ankle (I jumped across a stream and landed on some loose rock - note - it's probably best not to jump across streams)
Summary: Will hike this trail again in the summer when everything is fully grown! A+

This is Bob "Trail Master" Abbooey checkin out.
--I'll see YOU out on the trail!

< Has it come to this? | Weekend plans ruined by allegedly prima-donna musicians >
You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar, when I met you | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
A belated anniversary notice by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon May 05, 2008 at 06:36:13 AM EST
tin soldiers and Nixon's coming

and all that.

but what of the laptop battery? by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon May 05, 2008 at 06:55:09 AM EST
do tell!

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

Aye by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon May 05, 2008 at 11:00:37 AM EST
Truth be told I've yet to make the time to fiddle with it. Soon my good sir, soon.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

dangit man by joh3n (4.00 / 2) #13 Tue May 06, 2008 at 02:57:50 AM EST
that silliness you call 'outside' will be there tomorrow. Laptop science is for today!

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

My good sir by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue May 06, 2008 at 10:40:50 AM EST
I pulled the battery out and let it sit for a day - then crammed the battery back in and turned it on and she's fully charged.

Ipso fact I would surmise we can now most assuredly assume there's something on the laptop that's sucking juice whilst she's shutdown.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

Don't you want me baby? by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon May 05, 2008 at 07:40:00 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

You timid hobbit. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 4) #4 Mon May 05, 2008 at 07:46:43 AM EST
Even though you crossed the Brandywine, you didn't really stray from the Shire.

Damn by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon May 05, 2008 at 08:07:14 AM EST
Now I'm going to have that song in my head, along with the visual images of the time I saw it used in a drag show performance in Tallahassee.

Damn you, Bob.

Just for that I give you

I've been to paradise, but I've...
Never been to meeee

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Well I've never been to Heaven by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon May 05, 2008 at 10:24:32 AM EST
But I've been to Oklahoma.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Better to reign in Oklahoma... n/t by Captain Tenille (4.00 / 2) #11 Mon May 05, 2008 at 02:25:56 PM EST

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

80's uber alles!! by Bob Abooey (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon May 05, 2008 at 11:03:48 AM EST
~nt~

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

tied up to the pole ? by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon May 05, 2008 at 08:26:29 AM EST
is that what she's into for sex-adventure now ?

And what's the hairy man-beast overlooking the falls in your picture ? Surely not one of my kind.. Though assuming it had to cross the restricted area signs like you did...

Just some dude by Bob Abooey (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon May 05, 2008 at 10:49:59 AM EST
Truth be told there were many people who forged through the "Trail Closed" areas. That's why we knew the one bridge was safe - we saw a group of blokes jog across it as we were standing there wondering what course of action to take.

Warmest regards,
--Your best pal Bob

How's my blogging: Call me at 209.867.5309 to complain.

clock looked at these photos by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon May 05, 2008 at 04:41:42 PM EST
and said he knows exactly where you were.  he used to take chicks out there for make-out sessions all the time in college.