Print Story Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow
Marriage
By atreides (Sat May 03, 2008 at 04:48:32 AM EST) (all tags)
For those of you who do not know, the Imperial Wedding is tomorrow afternoon.  I shall create Welsh Girl the Basilissa of all my dominions.  At 4PM CST, let all the bells sound, let all my subjects know joy for the Imperial Union shall commence.

Indeed, people are massing and the families are descending.  Errands have been run few more remain.    We have enough wine and beer to float a river barge sitting in our living room.  It is almost all finished.  And, boy, will I be glad when it's done.

And now I have to pack a bag of clothes.  I won't be staying at home the next couple of nights...

< The Lamp is ON - Not so much in the right eye though | Movie Endings >
Tomorrow and Tomorrow and Tomorrow | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO RUN! by TheophileEscargot (4.00 / 3) #1 Sat May 03, 2008 at 05:15:45 AM EST
But best of luck if you can't manage to wriggle out of it ;-)
Have you delegated to your seneschal? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat May 03, 2008 at 06:07:04 AM EST
Because as of right now, you should be basking in the joy of your impending nuptials, not playing audience or arbiter for other people's dramas.

Also: demand tribute.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

ALSO by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat May 03, 2008 at 09:46:30 AM EST
Let it be known that in celebration of His August Majesty's impending shackling, that Roger of Borg did quaff of the grape-wine for the first time in seven and one half terran cycles.  And the grape-wine was good.  So goes the portents.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Your exaltedness: thine loyal servant . . . by slozo (4.00 / 2) #3 Sat May 03, 2008 at 06:18:35 AM EST
. . . a message from the undisputed Satrap of the incorporated lands of the North-Eastern Europe Bloc; King of the the Duchies of Courland and Estonia, Supreme Leader of the Livonian Order, and Overseer of the Courland Colonies of Gambia and Tobago, President of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Flotilla Admiral of the Baltic Fleet on the high seas, and Crown Prince of Prussia:

I do hereby send out a message of Goode Will and Congratulations to Your Majesty, and Blessings for your Queen to be. May your marriage be fruitfully blessed with many children, and may you both give good council in areas of domesticity.

All hail ye - to the Queen!

The best part will be by blixco (4.00 / 2) #4 Sat May 03, 2008 at 07:55:37 AM EST
once everything is done, how nothing has changed yet everything is different.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Old joke by Rogerborg (4.00 / 4) #9 Sat May 03, 2008 at 09:43:09 AM EST
Best man: Why are you smiling?
Bridegroom: I've just had the best blowjob ever!

Bridesmaid: Why are you smiling?
Bride: I've just given my last blowjob ever!

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

Gather piper and drum by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat May 03, 2008 at 07:56:21 AM EST
And that dude with the big hat and pointy stick.  Let there be marching in the streets, and playing of bands.

And Pie!

Congrats!!!

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

Mmm, pie. by ana (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat May 03, 2008 at 08:13:19 AM EST
And congrats to our Hegemon, high exalted.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Don't forget your towel. by vorheesleatherface (4.00 / 2) #7 Sat May 03, 2008 at 08:20:23 AM EST
Good luck.

we await your commands, O great one! by clock (4.00 / 2) #8 Sat May 03, 2008 at 09:38:15 AM EST
and do you know where a guy whose wife inadvertently moved and thus sabotaged the packing of his dress shirt which matches a very specific tie might fine a replacement in time?

scratch that.  it's under control.

and if you need to unload some of that beer a little early...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Run for the hills! by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat May 03, 2008 at 01:17:36 PM EST
But make sure that you're carrying the goodladywife in your arms before you set out. ;)

Congratulations. I love seeing romances from start to permanence, and we get to see so many of them here.

Upwelling of tidings of good cheer by johnny (2.00 / 0) #12 Sun May 04, 2008 at 01:41:02 AM EST
From the Little People of the Isle of the Vinelands of Martha; from the villeins and serfs of the Suburban Demesne of Jersey the Newer; from the Street People of Lower Manhattan; from many dogs barking in great joy and confusion; from the Hill Folk of the Catskill Borsht Belt; from Hoosiers too numerous to count in the regions of Muncie and French Lick; from cowboys on horseback in the State of Nevada; from deities and seraphim and cherubim hovering Nearby to Earth; from the Finno-Irish cohort of the tribe of Urho, the Hero; from Urks, Umlauts and Sundry Bipeds from who reside in the WARNINGS WILL ROBINSON DANGER ZONE marked as "Husi" on all Federation star charts:

May said tidings be absorbed osmotically and internetwise by our Sovereign Benevolent Overloard Atreidies and soon-to-be Mrs Atreidies.

Selah.
Buy my books, dammit!

OMG I misspelled "Atreides" by johnny (4.00 / 1) #13 Sun May 04, 2008 at 01:42:43 AM EST
I hope that this does not mean that my head is to be separated yet again from my torso.
Buy my books, dammit!
The feminine form of Basilius is Basileia by lm (4.00 / 1) #14 Sun May 04, 2008 at 11:47:27 AM EST
Just saying.

But may you and the basileia have many years!

Cicero, The Republic
Cheers!! by Corky Sherwood (2.00 / 0) #15 Sun May 04, 2008 at 06:10:12 PM EST
Congrats and all that!  Hope it was a blast!!

Congrats mate! by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed May 07, 2008 at 12:58:23 AM EST