Print Story Pes Gero Vir
By cam (Wed May 28, 2008 at 06:31:12 AM EST) (all tags)
formal thongs or dress flip flops

Only place I wouldnt wear these is at a wedding, and even then I would if it was poolside.

< Job a bob. | That was almost exciting. >
Pes Gero Vir | 22 comments (22 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You can take the boy out of Australia by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #1 Wed May 28, 2008 at 07:24:18 AM EST

but you cannot take the Australia out of the boy.

sunny climes by cam (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed May 28, 2008 at 07:35:50 AM EST
so good.

The environment in Phoenix is so good I am starting to think God might just like America and not hate it like he does in the NE and Mid-Atlantic.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

God just doesn't like DC. by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed May 28, 2008 at 07:53:29 AM EST

The rest of the Atlantic seaboard is just collateral damage.

He steals sun by cam (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed May 28, 2008 at 08:02:21 AM EST
from a good portion of the east coast. Coincidence or intentional?

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

those are borderline by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #5 Wed May 28, 2008 at 09:31:11 AM EST
you can wear them in some circumstances, but not everywhere.

I would hate that the Dallas snob in my is coming out....except flip-flops are so tacky.

I am thinking of giving my shoes by cam (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed May 28, 2008 at 09:46:48 AM EST
to homeless people ;)

Actually it seems in Phx that flip flops are ok in all but the most upscale restaurants. So i pretty much wear them everywhere unless I am going somewhere or on some event where i would feel conspicious in them. Added bonus is that my partner prefers me in them too.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

people have started dressing like hobos by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed May 28, 2008 at 10:21:28 AM EST
and if you knew me IRL, you'd understand the irony in that statement.

you see these women in The Woodlands dressed to the 9s and they're wearing flip-flops.  SMACK-SMACK-SMACK as they walk.  What happened to cute sandals?

ugh ugh ugh.

People dress like hobos and my sister has been on the East Coast so long she now looks like an East Coast Hag, and thinks it looks good.  What is this world coming to?!

meh by Merekat (4.00 / 2) #9 Wed May 28, 2008 at 10:35:05 AM EST
Flipflops are better than crocs any day.

Exactly by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #13 Wed May 28, 2008 at 02:08:10 PM EST
WTF is up with those things. Are they the most hideous example of tackiness as a design objective that the world's ever seen or what.

That's a lot like saying by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu May 29, 2008 at 04:17:39 AM EST
Stalin was better than Hitler.

Part of the sub-culture here seems to be by cam (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed May 28, 2008 at 11:28:23 AM EST
t-shirt, jeans and flip flops. I am v. comfortable in that getup.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

don't seem like good hiking/workout shoes. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed May 28, 2008 at 05:23:22 PM EST

barefoot for hiking by cam (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu May 29, 2008 at 05:43:59 AM EST
I think they ban footwear on the reservations.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

texas has snobs? by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #10 Wed May 28, 2008 at 11:15:47 AM EST

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

uh yeah by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed May 28, 2008 at 05:39:06 PM EST
GWB is their leader.

Click
Not what I was thinking of. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 2) #8 Wed May 28, 2008 at 10:22:04 AM EST
I saw your intro and pictured black lacy underwear with a little bow tie on it.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.
The language barrier by cam (4.00 / 2) #11 Wed May 28, 2008 at 11:27:36 AM EST
when people tell me about their flip flops I am thinking peek-a-boo bras.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

We always called them "slaps" by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed May 28, 2008 at 04:19:58 PM EST

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
Perfect adjunct to wifebeaters by cam (2.00 / 0) #22 Thu May 29, 2008 at 06:06:13 AM EST
Wifebeaters, stubbies and slaps. Maybe underpants can get called 'grunts'?

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

i would advise against it by alphagirl (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed May 28, 2008 at 04:20:05 PM EST
in a mosh pit.

you mosh? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed May 28, 2008 at 05:46:12 PM EST

Click
they sell steel capped flip flops by cam (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu May 29, 2008 at 05:43:11 AM EST
with fake chinese characters on them shaped like tattoos for the punks.

cam