Print Story Another Day,
By spacejack (Tue May 20, 2008 at 08:42:19 AM EST) PIDFC (all tags)
Another PIDFC.

PIDFC #3:

So, this should be a plant everyone can figure out in the general sense, but I don't expect a precise species identification. No time to do any close-up details today. And a big 18 wheeler parked in front of the building, obscuring most of it when I was just about halfway through sketching. Don't you hate it when that happens?
< cowboy films. diesel. suburban blight. ted sorensen. country music. perverse incentives. arm gouges. | Is that a fetus in your pocket or are you just happy to see me? >
Another Day, | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Reminds me of the by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #1 Tue May 20, 2008 at 08:48:31 AM EST
power plant at university. Ivy, ivy everywhere. Come to think of it, the lilacs and redbuds would be going nuts just about now too...

We have lots of ivy by spacejack (4.00 / 1) #2 Tue May 20, 2008 at 09:25:11 AM EST
in this part of town. The old warehouses and factory buildings which have been converted into offices for media and software compaies are covered in it.

Zackly. by ana (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue May 20, 2008 at 09:51:46 AM EST
I was thinking when I scrolled down to the picture, hey, this is a plant-as-in-building identification contest.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Forgive me, I've been away by debacle (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue May 20, 2008 at 12:10:59 PM EST
What is a PIDFC?

Plant IDentification by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue May 20, 2008 at 01:15:28 PM EST
I'm fairly sure.. by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue May 20, 2008 at 01:24:52 PM EST
That one's brick.

Vive le Montréal libre.
Virginia creeper? by debacle (4.00 / 1) #7 Tue May 20, 2008 at 01:39:41 PM EST
A statistical guess, rather than an observational one.

Statistically speaking, by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #8 Tue May 20, 2008 at 01:50:15 PM EST
there's a lot of it, so you could be right. misslake probably has the best guess as to what's most likely here.

virginia creeper, maybe by misslake (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue May 20, 2008 at 03:50:23 PM EST
i was going to say boston ivy.
boston ivy remains tight to the walls, while virginia creeper tends to hang off a bit.

both are the genus Parthenocissus

that ivy looks tight to the walls. and old.
how lovely!

I killed all the virginia creeper with a mile by cam (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed May 21, 2008 at 05:13:52 AM EST
radius of my house in VA. I mistook it for poison ivy and after getting attacked by poison ivy that required steroid shots I decided to remove it from my yard and the farm border.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic

Any ivy in Edmonton? by spacejack (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed May 21, 2008 at 05:57:21 AM EST
Somehow old brick buildings covered in ivy doesn't fit my mental image of Edmonton. But then you've got Richardson's Ground Squirrels.

no, it seems it is too cold here by misslake (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed May 21, 2008 at 12:08:52 PM EST
no boston ivy, virgina creeper, english ivy at all. i just checked online to make sure, i didn't recall seeing any. it seems this province is ivy-less.

Another Day, | 12 comments (12 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback