Print Story Long exasperated sigh
Ranting
By riceowlguy (Fri May 16, 2008 at 01:11:34 PM EST) (all tags)
Again.

Christian Group Mad About New Starbucks Logo

I've been going to *$ almost daily for a couple years now.  I took note of the new cups, but never in a million years would I have thought that the logo represented a naked woman with her legs spread like a prostitute, nor would I ever have come up with the term "Slutbucks" on my own either.  (I do occasionally refer to them as "Whorebucks", but in the sense of my being a corporate whore for going there all the time, not in a sexual way).

Mark Dice must be one of those folks who became Christians, of a sort, because they needed an external force to keep their rampant perversity under wraps.  Sheesh.

< Who's the tall furry one? | ``you smell like popcorn and whiskey'' >
Long exasperated sigh | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Here at Java Ground Zero: by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri May 16, 2008 at 01:36:33 PM EST
I fucking hate the new logo because of the colour.

Yeah by riceowlguy (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri May 16, 2008 at 06:54:51 PM EST
In general I like the new emphasis on the coffee parts of their coffeehouses, but green was better.  We'll see what happens at Christmas.  I'll admit I'm not sorry to see "The Way I See It" go away.

without fail by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #2 Fri May 16, 2008 at 02:08:32 PM EST
it's always about "spread legs" or "spreading of legs" or "you should have thought of that before you spread your legs for that man" with the moonbats.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Do whores pull their legs behind their heads by by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri May 16, 2008 at 02:20:15 PM EST
the ankles? I've led a sheltered life (and attended a state land grant university).

Yes, yes they do. by debacle (4.00 / 2) #6 Fri May 16, 2008 at 05:12:16 PM EST
God yes, they do.

Could you ask for a better foil by wumpus (4.00 / 2) #4 Fri May 16, 2008 at 02:56:32 PM EST
than a Christian group named "Resistance"?

Wumpus

WTF? by reza (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri May 16, 2008 at 04:31:47 PM EST
As if the damn siren was enticing or anything else that it was meant to be from the initial concept?

And, really, WTF does it matter?
If you don't like the lady, use a cup sleeve and cover her up.
And if you reaaaaaaaaallllllly don't like the lady, make your own damn coffee.

/rolls eyes/

" Be who you are and say how you feel, because those who mind do not matter, and those who matter do not mind!" Dr. Seuss

Maybe that's why I didn't notice by riceowlguy (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 16, 2008 at 07:03:38 PM EST
They always give you a sleeve, so she's always covered.

I'm reminded, as I often am when hearing about this sort of thing, of Jello Biafra's High Priest of Harmful Matter spoken-word album, in which he opined that the only people he could imagine finding the H.R. Giger poster included in one of his albums sexually arousing were cops and L.A. city attorneys.

Seriously, who finds that logo titillating in the slightest?

A bit titillating? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #9 Sat May 17, 2008 at 06:46:58 AM EST
You can see the shape of her boobies! And they're really quite shapely.

Hmm, I think I need a girlfriend.

I'll rework that article's title by duxup (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun May 18, 2008 at 01:33:55 AM EST
Organization Desperately Looks for Attention, Desperate for Controversy Media Complies
____