Print Story My Tummy Hurts...
Health
By atreides (Tue Apr 08, 2008 at 08:24:30 PM EST) (all tags)
...but that's a good thing.

So, yesterday, I tried on my tuxedo for the first time in about 4 years.  I am getting married in it, after all.  Well, I have to give great thanks to the salesman who sold it to me 8 years ago.  When it was a little big on me, he said that was good because if (and he probably meant "when") I put on weight, it would still fit.  Now, 30 pounds later, it still fits.  The only thing is that my belly has begun to take on the attributes of a beer fueled gut and sticks out just enough that, well, it sticks out next to the lines of the clothing.  For a little while, I considered the thought of "compression garments" but realized that I would not be happy with that.  That only leaves one thing: the ancient Army PT guide on my shelves.  Tonight I have done crunches, flutter kicks and sit-ups, twice as many as I did last night.  And I'm going to keep doing them from now until the wedding day.  I've wanted a flatter tummy for years.  Now's the time to either put up or girdle up.

Tomorrow, I have to go to a formal wear store.  The tux itself is fine, though after 4+ years in a bag, it needs cleaning from the dust and such.  My stockings, however, have runs in them.  My one tux shirt needs an encounter with some bluing but I'll probably just get another one.  A vest is a must and a bowtie to match it.  I used to have a set of silver studs but I lent them to JonBoy when he got married to the Russian Bride and he managed to lose them.  I still have my gold ones but since the color of the wedding is blue, I think silver would go much better.  And our rings are white gold.  So I need new studs, too.  Actually, I need everything but the tux and shoes.  But it's way, WAY, WAAAAAAYYYYY cheaper than a wedding dress so I won't complain about the cost.

Oh, and thanks, you guys.  When I was feelin' mighty low, you all made me feel a lot better.  So much for the great-souled man, I guess. :) But, then again, as a really smart friend of mine would point out, one of the attributes of a hero is that he has friends who will fight with and for him.  I think I can live with that.

That's it for now.  Bed time for me.  Sleep well, you all.

That is all.

< SWFC #0 | Ask Husi! >
My Tummy Hurts... | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Stockings? by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Apr 08, 2008 at 11:05:23 PM EST
I thought the bride wore those?

He's hoping by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Apr 08, 2008 at 11:56:36 PM EST
Santa comes early this year

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Exercising a body part makes it shrink? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #3 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 03:04:06 AM EST
You're saying that the Shopping Channel has had it right all these years?  Snopes must be told.

On the Stockings Issue, don't even let anyone tell you it's not manly.  You're just being classic.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

No by hulver (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 07:01:50 AM EST
Put toning the muscles underneath all that fat will have some effect. Plus the exercise might make him lose a bit of weight as well.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
"Toning" muscles makes them shrink? by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 07:36:11 AM EST
I'd call that "wasting", but I'm clearly out of the loop on this one.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Of course it does by hulver (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 11:59:04 AM EST
Concentrating exercise in one area makes fat in that area disappear. It's just common sense!
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
You can't spot reduce fat by me0w (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 10:39:31 AM EST
Do some cardio and toning (light weights, high reps).

its even simpler than that by dmg (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 11:54:29 AM EST
you need to create a calorie deficit.
You can get this by exercising, or by eating less/eating right or a combination of both.

eating less is the easiest option...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.

My Tummy Hurts... | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback