Print Story sunshine!
By Merekat (Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 12:53:18 AM EST) (all tags)
And sparkly frost. That is one beautiful morning.

Had a bit of a meh week last week, after a very good and productive one the week before. I think it was the training course I had to do on Tuesday which flattened me. It was very good, but rather intense wrt. me and spoken German which is still causing me problems. Reading and listening I get almost everything now. Writing I can take my time, but speaking, especially in a formal situation is still tough as hell and I really miss fluency. Maybe I should have had a beer first?

Except I've kinda gone off booze. Not consciously or anything - I just don't want any. Hopefully that will wear off for my trip to Belgium.

Household developments. In an attempt to avoid even more housework invading our weekend, a Roomba has been purchased. The cat is not pleased and from my point of view, the verdict is still out. There's plenty of places it cannot reach that still needs doing, and it also leaves what I describe as robot poo when bits drop off its brushes. So on balance, I think it has increased the amount of housework, but distributed the timeline more evenly.

< i saw a bison! IN THE WILD! | Let me make this abundantly clear. >
sunshine! | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cat + Roomba by Herring (4.00 / 3) #1 Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 01:24:37 AM EST
Sounds like an excellent combination. Plspstvidskthx.

Herring - Official HuSi diarist of the 2016 European Korfball Championship (October 22nd, Dordrecht, Netherlands)
remarkably tame vids, alas by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 11:09:51 PM EST
Mostly she just looks on it with the type of suspicion normally reserved for the mother-in-law's labrador and makes sure she's sitting somewhere high up where she can see its every move.

what else is there in Belgium? by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 01:18:25 PM EST
Waffles?

Click
french fries by misslake (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Apr 07, 2008 at 03:54:10 PM EST
and the statue of the little boy peeing.

once upon a time in brussels my brother said he was handed a plastic cup. then he realized the statue was peeing beer.

chocolate (n/t) by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Apr 09, 2008 at 12:29:33 AM EST

The capital of the EU.... by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:41:44 PM EST
Atomium...