Here's the thing: Let's say you're You, and You are about to fuck off for ten months of exotic travel with just a backpack full of clothes, toiletries, a journal, a compass, and an iPod.
No phone. No computer. No internet connection.
You have cash, and in theory you can buy a prepaid phone or go to an internet cafe, but both of these things are ephemeral, fleeting. Not in your rucksack. Your rucksack holds the basics.
You've got an iPod with 40 gigs of space, and you'd like to have some music, preferably in some sort of playlist.
You have a playlist, for instance, called "Gettin' Down In The Back Seat" that has a lot of soul and funk that used to provide your soundtrack while having sex. You have a playlist called "Fuck You" that holds ten tracks of hate. You have a playlist called "I left my heart in Georgia" that is nothing but southern blues and appalachian folk music. Your "Texas" playlist is all east Texas blues, central Texas soul, and west Texas tejano.
You have space for one more list of songs. Ten songs, in some sort of theme.
This is where we, HuSi, come in. We are to provide the ten tracks that will fill out the iPod. There are a few notes:
- Assume that anything you think of will not already be on the list
- Assume that the tracks must be able to be found (bonus if you provide an offsite backup of your playlist at any of the local file sharing locations). No hyper-obscure mega-ultra-secret bootlegs from bands that only existed for one afternoon.
- You have one theme idea in travel. Some others are: escape, panic, melancholy, fun, vacation, beaches, Spain, wide horizons, exotic food, fuck off corporate America, nostalgia, missing home, finding home, and the least explicable one: Mary.
- You have a VERY limited amount of time to do this. I am giving you until Thursday April 10th at 5pm CDT. CDT is 5 hours behind of Coordinated Universal Time (UTC).
- Genre notes: Go Fucking Nuts, but it would be nice if others could listen to the tracks and say, hey, nice music! without screaming and running away.
|< In the name of the Pizza Lord | fluff was great! >|