Print Story Why oh why oh why?
Working life
By dmg (Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 08:46:47 AM EST) sexism, coercion, abusive employers, fishnets, stockings, freedom, feminism (all tags)
Grown women should be able to wear whatever they choose to work, provided they are not breaking any laws.

There are few enough perks working in an office as it is, without this sort of nonsensical ruling.

Inappropriate fishnets always make my day on those rather rare occasions when they hove into view.

My limited experience is that like much like smokers (another group unfairly coerced by their employers), the women I know who wear fishnets to work are orders of magnitude more fun to hang around with.

What do others think?

< If there's a better crazy old black bluesman chaining a young white slut to a radiator movie, see it | Design "Fun" Challenge: square the requirements circle >
Why oh why oh why? | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Why not? by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #1 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 08:54:52 AM EST
More appropriate work clothes: knickers and a thong.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I don't know, no one here wears fishnets by georgeha (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 08:55:40 AM EST
boring software devs and testers.

Poll should be multi-select. by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 09:29:13 AM EST
And I'd say "I'll be back in five minutes" except that the ankles in the photo are a wee bit heavy.

Fishnets are nice... by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 12:03:12 PM EST
but with open-toed shoes? What a slut!

I think the Stray Cats said it best by johnny (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 01:50:17 PM EST
in the song "Built for Speed", viz,

When I reach that final destination
I will drive your car and leave you compensation
With a little reeling and a lot of rockin'
You're my hot rod mama in your fish net stockings
You're a hot rocking mama and you're really built for speed, You're built for speed.

Buy my books, dammit!

She could wear them secretly under her trousers by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Apr 08, 2008 at 05:05:31 AM EST
Like I do

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Why oh why oh why? | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback