Print Story What were the skies like when you were young?
By Evil Cloaked User (Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 05:16:48 AM EST) (all tags)
It's so nice when a shitty day turns itself around completely. It's happened two days in a row now. Might be time to buy a lottery ticket.

I woke up a little late yesterday. There was a message on my phone from the boss asking if I could make in in ASAP as we had a crisis on our hands with our main customer.

But when I got in, he announced, his decision to say Fuck 'em. There's no such thing as a quick miracle fix, it's pre-beta product and they're just gonna have to sit it out for a fortnight.

Then today, I wake at 11 to the sound of my phone, and my hangover. The phone was the boss. So I switched it to silent, dozed for a while longer, and went to work with the shitty hangover day ahead of me. I even got a text from the boss while in the cab, which I didn't look at.

Then I get in, and there's a mail from the boss saying he wouldn't be in until afternoon. And the text was good news! Still no sign of him. So I've spent the day torrenting and pimping my Macbook.

So what's new in my life? I'm moving house again. MDB is moving to Prague in September for a year and is saving money in the interim, so she's moving out and I'm getting my own place. I get the keys a week from tomorrow. Nice place. Spacious, secluded, fantastic views of the city, 5 minute walk to a bus that takes me direct to work.

Any tips for pimping a new place? I'm thinking AirTunes would be nice.
< 2nd coming? | How does one deal with blank spaces in folder names in Windows? >
What were the skies like when you were young? | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
They went on for ever by zarathus (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 05:50:09 AM EST
and they when I we lived in Arizona and the skies
always had little fluffy clouds and err.. they were long and clear and there
were lots of stars, at night.
And errr when it rain it would all turn, it, they were beautiful, the most
beautiful skies as a matter of fact, the sunsets were purple and red and
yellow and on fire and the clouds would catch the colours everywhere,
thats, its neat because I used to look at them all the time when i was
little. You don't see that.

Yanked from http://www.insanelyrics.com/lyrics/The-Orb-Lyrics/Little-Fluffy-Clouds-Lyrics/120669 because although I love that song soooo much, I just couldn't produce all the lyrics on my own.

----------
Blogger - n. Someone with nothing to say writing for someone with nothing to do.

You might still see it in the desert. by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 06:07:34 AM EST
A friend of mine got engaged recently and he asked me to make a mix disc for the engagement party, specifically music from a club we used to go to when we were in college. The DJ from the club owed me a favour or four so I called in one of them. And much to my great joy and surprise, the disc contained not just Little Fluffy Clouds, but also PJ Harvey's Sheela Na Gig. I had utterly forgotten the existence of both.

Damn you by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 07:17:57 AM EST
I was getting lunch and missed my chance!

I better load up Orb Live for my sandwich eatin time as punishment.

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

ob. Grey Clouds by apidya (4.00 / 1) #4 Fri Apr 04, 2008 at 03:16:53 PM EST
Heh by zarathus (2.00 / 0) #5 Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 09:29:12 AM EST
I never heard that before.  It gave me a much needed smile on a lovely Saturday while I'm stuck at work!

----------