Print Story Dear Arrogant Apple Bastards
Technology
By Gedvondur (Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 08:12:10 PM EST) apple, fans, fanboys, steve jobs, farts (all tags)
I like a lot of your stuff.  I use a lot of your stuff.  I even got my wife a hideously overpriced but very pretty 24" iMac.

But you gotta stop it.

I don't want fucking Safari for Windows.

Stop trying to install it every TISG-blessed time there is an update to iTunes.  I don't need a third fricking browser, and I certainly don't want an inferior one like Safari.

I know, I know Safari kicks ass blah blah blah.  I don't care.  I love and live on FireFox.  If I had an Apple, perhaps I would give Safari a fair shake. I don't need another poorly supported browser.  It's hard enough to get Firefox to work on all sites.

Safari on Windows?  Please.  I didn't even know you fuckers BOTHERED with a Windows version.  Sticking Safari up every uneducated user's proverbial back door when they update iTunes is dirty pool.  Stop it.  Its bad enough you install Quicktime every time with no choice.

So pull your heads out of your collective asses.  You can offer it on the iTunes update, just don't make it the GODDAMN DEFAULT.

Listen, Apple, you make some of the coolest shit out there, and this is from a bitter old Commodore guy.  I like your stuff.  Stop making me think you are secretly more evil than garlic ice cream and Bill Gates' taint.

Sincerely Yours,

Gedvondur

< Canuckistan server colo recommendations? | He's gone >
Dear Arrogant Apple Bastards | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Seriously, dude by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.80 / 5) #1 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 08:39:17 PM EST

Quit baiting garlic like that. It isn't cool.

me and bill gates taint by garlic (4.00 / 4) #8 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 05:24:47 AM EST
are like this ..

Can I have your garlic ice cream? by ammoniacal (2.66 / 3) #2 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 10:37:28 PM EST

good for the prostate by sasquatchan (3.00 / 2) #7 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 04:01:21 AM EST
innit ?

Lots of things are. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 05:56:15 AM EST
Oh, shi--

I'm boycotting Apple by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 11:21:18 PM EST
until they make open sores Safari for Lunix.

No, other KHTML-based browsers don't count.

as an apple fanboi, I say by joh3n (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 02:31:43 AM EST
amen.

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

nt by chuckles (2.00 / 0) #12 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 09:30:43 PM EST
Typical Apple fanboi.

hideously overpriced by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 03:17:11 AM EST
I dunno. If you're buying a complete system (including monitor and keyboard) the iMac is fairly competitive. If you look at the quality of the components they use. Compare the iMac with a similarly built Dell, for instance.

But, yeah, Safari sucks. I use Firefox on my Mac. And a Logitech mouse, because the Apple Mouse sucks, too.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

"secretly"? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #6 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 03:29:40 AM EST
From Files Passim:

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

i hear you there by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 04:45:55 PM EST
but i don't even want the iTunes, much less the Safari.
---------
iTunes by Gedvondur (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 07:09:07 PM EST
iTunes is pretty much a fact of life if you want to use an iPod and and iPhone.  But ya, Safari is shit.

Gedvondur
"...I almost puked like a pregnant StackyMcRacky." --MillMan

i purposely by LilFlightTest (2.00 / 0) #13 Sat Apr 05, 2008 at 05:25:41 PM EST
did NOT get an iPod when i was shopping for an mp3 player, because i hate iTunes.
---------