Print Story Strategic Error
Games
By anonimouse (Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 08:19:04 AM EST) (all tags)
Attacked the wrong planet in OGame, and he's pissed.

Even worse, he's Canadian, so I have to be online at weird hours in order to make sure that I can evacuate my planet of anything worth stealing.

Last time he came knocking, he won a Pyrric victory. He defeated all my defences at the cost of all his cargo vessels, so he couldn't run off with the spoils of war.

He's in for a surprise if he comes round again; I've been draining resources from other planets so have a small fleet of Heavy Fighters to greet his raiders....

I'm hoping that his fleet will get killed on my planet so I can raid in force when I've destroyed his fleet. Neither of us are very powerful, so a bad loss for either of us would well and truly screw us.

Just need to get a Recycler to harvest that large debris cloud above my planet...

Update [2008-4-27 10:51:7 by anonimouse]: He came in the same way, and this time the guns were lined up to greet him. Noone went home. I took a look at his planet immediately afterwards and he went into what is called "turtle" mode, building defences expecting me to come calling.

Update [2008-4-26 14:29:29 by anonimouse]:

Targets At Mr Greyrat's behest, I ought to mention I'm meeting a certain someone on Thursday. I won't call it a date, as that might be premature. In fact saying I'm meeting someone might be premature. What I really mean is, forget I said anything, OK?

< What the hell, bikers? What the HELL? | Lol @ media spin. >
Strategic Error | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Wait wait wait. by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #1 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 08:48:37 AM EST
So you did get laid or you didn't get la-- Oh, I see. You're talking about that other thing you mentioned in your last diary...

(Comment Deleted) by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #2 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 09:26:32 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by anonimouse

I fixed it for you by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #3 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 09:30:23 AM EST
Happy now?

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
I CAN HAZ SOLUR PWR? by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 09:38:37 AM EST
Are there any 1337 h4X to keep your build queue full?  Farmgirl is... unreliable.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
That's not by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #5 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 09:42:23 AM EST
...what you've been saying about Farmgirl recently.

The only 1337 h4X I know of are to either
a) pay the fee to gain a Commander, which lets you actually have a build queue
b) only sleep a few hours at a time.
c) polygamy - I hear that the Mormon empire was doing really well until the Feds raided their team offices.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Oh great by ucblockhead (4.00 / 2) #6 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 09:52:09 AM EST
Is this one of those games where you suddenly find yourself setting the alarm for 2 am so that you can get off the raid you were planning?
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
No, no, nooooo by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #7 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 10:11:35 AM EST
It's not addicting at all.  Give it a go.  Join us.  Join ussssssss.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
No!!!!!! by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #8 Sat Apr 26, 2008 at 11:16:43 AM EST
this one almost got me fired.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Hey... by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #9 Sun Apr 27, 2008 at 04:57:11 PM EST
Is your username there "anonimus"? Are you in universe 8?
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Nope by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #10 Sun Apr 27, 2008 at 06:32:10 PM EST
I am not satisfied with just control of one universe. True megalomania demands I control at least 3, so I am in 3, 12 and 37.

anonimouse is just for blogging. I use other alias(es) for games.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL