Print Story Bad girl
By Merekat (Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 02:55:04 AM EST) (all tags)
I've been irredeemably ex-pat.

Otherwise known as drinking London Pride in a British style pub and 'watching' football. I will go to hell for this. Next think I know I'll start moaning that everything is expensive, nobody speaks english and I can't get proper sliced pan or something absurd. Personally, I'd rather chip my tooth on a bürli any day than buy stupid plastic bread.

After a wonderfully productive week (not sarcasm) I am again waiting for feedback. Bah. Still, the weekend approaches so I shall not get downhearted about it, especially since I have just had an excellent lunch and the weekend looks set to be a scorcher (for April).

Fun new german word for today - der Pony. Aka what I do not want when I go to the hairdressers.

< Welcome to the Stone Age of Discontent | A Day in the Life >
Bad girl | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
My choice German words I have learned this week: by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 03:16:57 AM EST
Mitarbeiter (cow orker), to me it sounds like an insult.  "You bloody mitarbeiter!".
Verkaupt (sold) - when pronounced with the regional accent and inflection, sounds like "fuck all".
Diktation - having watched Summer Heights High Jonah Takalua I keep getting the urge to draw a penis followed by "tation" and say "fuck you, muthafucka!".

verkaupt? by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 03:22:57 AM EST
Or verkauft?

Verkauft by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 03:51:14 AM EST
Still not quite got the speeling of Cherman words down right.

DIARY TITLE IS MISLEADING by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 03:36:12 AM EST
- Disappointed, Jockland.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
mony mony by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 04:07:47 AM EST
ride the pony.

Oh, well, guess those aren't the actual lyrics..

My fav. German word ever: by joh3n (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 04:16:52 AM EST
Gewerbegebiet

Say it ten times fast.  I dare you.

----
I just ate about 7 pounds of meat
-theantix

"Trade area" by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Apr 25, 2008 at 04:43:05 AM EST
Heh.

Other notable favourite Cherman words I have this week:
Handshuss (gloves).
Fahrt (drive).
Antwort (answer).
Kennewort (password).

My favorite German word by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri May 09, 2008 at 10:08:45 PM EST
schaetzlein (or schãtzlein in old spelling)

Bad girl | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback