Print Story A Day in the Life
Working life
By ReallyEvilCanine (Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 03:59:00 AM EST) A Day in the Life, flowchart, schedule, routine, fucktards, pie (all tags)
Charting the Present

A picture rather than the usual thousand words.

x-posted to da brog.

Flowchart

That pretty much sums it up. Now back to some guy's HP-UX problem. Not that I know HP-UX but that didn't stop me from getting chosen to resolve it,. The Citrix problem that came in from Germany, from a German, written in German, needing technical knowledge... that went to someone in Bangalore. Her only comment in the ticket: "What is Citrix?" It's in my queue now.

< James Bond 1952-2008 | It's like the Breakfast Club meets the Maltese Falcon >
A Day in the Life | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Hey, by johnny (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:03:08 AM EST
What is citrix?  Isn't that the thing women have "down there"?
Buy my books, dammit!

It's a lemon-based GUI terminal access thing [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 4) #2 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:19:54 AM EST

I think there are two ways in which people are controlled. First of all frighten people and secondly, demoralize them - ANW Benn

What, Citrix is shame? [nt] by gazbo (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:21:22 AM EST

She's married to Madrox the Multiple Man by Rogerborg (4.00 / 3) #7 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 05:38:34 AM EST
Which is apparently what REC turns into after a Root Cause 17.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

So if you ask for assistance from coworkers... by gazbo (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:23:24 AM EST
Then the only way of closing the ticket is by asking for more information from the customer?

So your coworkers' only role is to tell you to ask the customer for more info?

Reread by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:28:03 AM EST
The correct reading is: "Asking other monkeys for help cannot lead to finding a solution."
__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.

Close by ReallyEvilCanine (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Apr 21, 2008 at 04:29:30 AM EST
They tell me what to ask for.

I suppose I could fiddle around a bit, flip those two boxes, add a decision box and move the arrows, but if I have to ask someone else, I don't have enough information. It's knowing that I don't know what to ask for that sends me off to them, as is the case in this HP-UX problem.

the internet: amplifier of stupidity -- discordia

A Day in the Life | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback