Print Story Hit it harder.
By nightflameblue (Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 08:53:58 AM EST) (all tags)
Does anyone know where I might find a dead horse poster? I really need one for my wall at work. That way I can just point to it when some nutjob brings me the same request I've already said no to three thousand times.

Random shizatz. No rhyme or reason.

Not sure where I got this from originally, may have even been here. But if anyone knows where I can get a print with a similar message? I'd be all over it.

John McCain had some fun on Letterman last night. He seems like the type of guy I could get along well with over a card game, then want to strangle the second he starts talking. Kind of like mom's husband. (He looks like a guy who marries your mom.)

Papa John's has brought back the six cheese Tuscan pizza. I was so excited I almost had to wake up Mrs. NFB to tell her when I saw it. It was so good that after they stopped carrying it the last time, we practically stopped getting delivery pizza. Nothing else really compared favorably. After telling her this morning, her first response was, "so we're getting that tonight. Right?"

I survived April Fools completely unscathed. Not one joke at my expense. I consider that payback for the way every other day feels like a big joke.

Reality TV addicts and the people who love them. . .film at eleven!

Burned my mouth on an "all beef frank" last night. Nothing tastes right today because of it.

The IT department, sans Zippy since he was sleeping off that extra hour of work from the day before, got together yesterday and had a good long chat about how everybody here rides the "but that's the way we've always done it" excuse into the ground. Also talk of the transition from old management to new management and how that may or may not affect the old arguments. Old management is really pounding the idea of "that's the way we've always done it" into the new manager's heads on their way out though. To the point of making sure they know it couldn't possibly work any other way. Except for those who've been in other companies and actually seen it work in other ways. It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

It's an odd sensation, watching all these different aspects of me finally find some weird form of balance. Aspects of myself that, in the past, I'd viewed as being at war with each other are now just parts of a whole, all working together to bring me a strange kind of calm and peace I've never quite realized I was capable of achieving before. It's an odd sensation, watching all these previously separated parts of myself become a singular entity. For the first time instead of promoting self-conflict, solutions just seem to fall into place. I owe a lot of that to Mrs. NFB and her ability to help me see when I'm being ridiculous. I also owe a surprising amount to myself, and my ability, after years with her, of finally being able to see the ridiculousness in myself before it becomes irreversible action.

Is this what growing up means? Nah, can't be. YOU'LL NEVER TAKE ME ALIVE, AGING!

Balance and flow, balance and flow.

Began work on a new song last night. My first delving into the violin/guitar combo my brain has so long imagined. It's more haunting than I thought it would be, not that that's a bad thing. Much work to do yet, but I got nothing but time to spend on it anyway.

I think my aquarium equipment list is down to two choices and then I'm finished. Still have to visit with the one local aquarium/fish shop left that I'm aware of. As nicely operated as the local Petco fish section seems to be, it's still a big chain. I'd rather support the little guy when it comes to livestock of this nature. And the little guys always seem to be far more helpful when it comes to water quality issues. The chains just hand you a bottle of stress coat and tell you that's all you need. The little guys will go into details about water conditions and how they change through the year. Almost time to get things wet. This weekend or next I think.

And that's about it. Tomorrow then?

< World Autism Day!!! | Meat Beat Manifesto in Austin 05-03-08 >
Hit it harder. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Deceased equines by Vulch (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 09:50:07 AM EST

Despair Inc don't seem to have one, but their Tradition de-motivator fits the general mood of your diary.

Yes. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 09:53:01 AM EST
I've seen that, and like the message, but it doesn't quite cover all possible reasoning our idiots. . .er, I mean, users may bring to us for a stupid request.

McCain by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 12:28:34 PM EST

I can remember people saying similar things about Bush the Younger.

That wouldn't have been me. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 12:54:28 PM EST
Bush II had me at the point of wanting to punch him in the face before he even ran for President, let alone once he started to become the force of the Republicans.

life would be so much simpler... by gzt (4.00 / 1) #5 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 01:08:50 PM EST
...if he had only become the commissioner of major league baseball instead of president...

W would have been much happier by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Apr 02, 2008 at 02:13:16 PM EST

Reality TV addicts and the people who love them by houser2112 (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 02:38:01 AM EST
I like to say things to Mrs. Houser2112 like "I really wish this reality TV fad will die out so we can get some quality programming, but with the recent writers strike, I fear it's here to stay because it's so cheap to produce", and she agrees with me.  Then goes right on watching drivel like "Millionaire Matchmaker", "Last Restaurant Standing", "Top Chef", and "Project Runway".  I'm trying to figure out if she's just saying that to shut me up, or is being ignorantly ironic.

Could be a little of both. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Apr 03, 2008 at 04:23:02 AM EST
I'm not sure what it is, but in all honesty, reality TV has begun to fade off the radar in our home except for the big three. Survivor, Big Brother, and Dancing with the (almost/used-to-be/wanna-be) Stars. Outside of that, even Mrs. NFB, a sworn Reality TV addict, can't give a crap about a show long enough to make it past the first episode.

But I fear you're probably right about Reality TV being here to stay. It's cheap to produce, and any quality program that starts that isn't a reality show isn't given a full season to prove itself. Reality shows are locked in for a season, for the most part, unless they REALLY suck. That Pirate show for example. But good shows, like Sons & Daughters, The Class, or pretty much any other drama/comedy worth watching aside from Two & a Half Men (fast reaching expiration with Jake growing up) and How I Met Your Mother (from the sounds of it, final season now) are cancelled before their first season finishes.

Combine the Reality craze with the cop craze and there's hardly anything worth watching on anymore. There's two of the cop shows I can stomach, and they're viewed as the "outcasts" of the cop shows. In other words, they'll be cancelled any minute and replaced with CSI: We've run out of cities, how about a state name?

Hit it harder. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback