Print Story Due to unforeseen technical difficulties
Cars
By georgeha (Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 05:11:49 AM EST) (all tags)
the regularly scheduled georgeha diary, "Like a cross between the Breakfast Club and the Maltese Falcon" will not be posted.

My car is overheating, so I couldn't get to work, so I won't have my laptop and time to post my diary.

Instead, I took a vacation day, put on my grubbies and am off to work on my bike, in hopes I have some sort of vehicle tomorrow for gaming day.

< A Day in the Life | I don't wanna. >
Due to unforeseen technical difficulties | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
overheating ? by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 05:54:39 AM EST
You mean ro'chester has thawed already ? GLOBAL WARMING IS COMING!!!!

Check for radiator leaks, bad thermostats and bad water pumps..

If you trust the guage by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 06:03:10 AM EST
it was as high as it could go. The fan did turn on, the hoses had hot water, I refilled the reservoir, and the heater was blowing cool air. It might be the  water pump, though.

My bike battery is not charged either, I put more acid in, we'll see if that fixes it.

heater was blowing cool air by wiredog (4.00 / 1) #3 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 06:20:41 AM EST
Thermostat's done. It's a cheap, and usually easy to replace, part.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

I'm hoping for a miracle like that by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 07:38:07 AM EST
especially since my bike battery was not holding a charge, and the kick starter was frozen.

On the plus side, I scored a headlight bucket that's an OEM and same color for my bike at a garage sale (along with Ani, Descendants, Cake and Flogging Molly CDs) without the big chip mine has, so I replaced and no longer rely on electrical tape to hold it in. I hope to riding by the end of April.

No excuse, George. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #5 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 07:51:36 AM EST
You should have jumped on some efficient American public transportation and sauntered into the office with a smile on your face.

Indeed, I am a slacker by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #6 Fri Apr 18, 2008 at 08:01:44 AM EST
I've only checked my email about three times this morning.

Descendents, Milo Goes to College, 1982, it's got to rock!