As I started clearing out a load of dead and forgotten tickets, I was visited by a TAR who wanted to know about Citrix. He then started arguing with me saying that we do support it as if he himself was the fucking customer. A light went off. He wasn't arguing like just any customer, he was arguing just like these jackasses.
"Joe," I asked, "is this about $VeryTouchyCustomer?"
And I explained all our time they've wasted over more than a year, coming here, having me go out there, letter after letter after document. They thought they'd found a loophole. This belief was made possible by their ignoring the fact that I'd told them "Vendor-verified" still doesn't mean we'll deal with any problems. Shit won't work, period.
I checked the worldwide tickets for references to Citrix. There are only two people in the company not getting Citrix tickets: me and Mini-me, odd because we're the only two people qualified to answer them. Mini-Me knows at least enough to cut and paste my answers. Not so the other monkeys. I had to add notes to a dozen other people's tickets.
And that should've been the end of it. But it wasn't. It never is.
Gloria showed up. Wanting to know about Citrix. And vendor verification. And documents. Gloria's some sort of non-technical Company Rep. No, she hadn't talked to Joe. No, she's not sure if it's for $VeryTouchyCustomer. I had her check. Of course it was, and I got to spend the next 30 minutes explaining the same shit to her that I'd told Joe an hour before. While she didn't fight like Joe did, she kept interrupting because she didn't understand how "vendor verified" wasn't the same as "$MegaCorp certified and supported". Muppet.
And just as I got back to the
CubeDesk of Hate high atop Munich on the first floor of the Panopticon Greenhouse, up popped a note. I have a Sev-1 ticket from $BigInsurer. Surprisingly their data center is not on any subcontinent but rather an actual island. Oh joy of joys!
It was then that a flood of mail came in. Escalation mail. A quick peek at the audit trail showed me the following:
- 11:17 Ticket submitted
- 11:19 Escalation level 2
- 11:20 Escalation level 1
- 11:24 Activity: phone number changed
- 11:26 Activity: Manager response
- 11:29 Ticket dumped in dog's lap
- 11:29 Escalation notice sent to REC, managers, upper managers
- 11:31 Demand for conf call
- 11:34 REC requests basic information, logs, etc. since none were provided
- 11:37 Conf call details provided
- 11:38 Conf call details changed
- 11:41 Another demand for conf call
- 11:44 Response to info request: we'll wait for the conf
- 11:47 REC demands info immediately, gets manager to explain pointlessness of joining call.
- 11:53 REC receives demand from upper management to get "customer-focused" and join call
- 12:12 Lower manager gets customer to agree to send logs and reschedule conf call
- 13:04 REC receives logs eleven minutes before conf call
I know need nitroglycerin. I just haven't decided if it would be more appropriate to ingest the shit or just detonate it.
To be continued...
|< All the heroes in Corso's world were tired... | HANDS OFF MY 'BACCA 'LOTMENT! >|