Print Story And then I found myself snogging a 21 year old lesbian.
Drink
By Evil Cloaked User (Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 01:52:05 AM EST) (all tags)
Wow, I got quite drunk last night.

My brother's old band reformed for one final gig last night. They packed the place out big time. I had sibling coming from Dublin and Limerick for it. The one from Limerick was even driving back last night.

Not that I can drive at the best of times, but I'm pretty sure I'm still over the legal limit by a healthy margin.

MDB, my old flatmate and I had spent the day looking at houses and apartments. MDB is moving in with my old flatmate, and they both wanted to ogle my jealousy-inspiring new apartment. We have decided that it's the perfect apartment for impressing the ladies. Now I just need to learn how to cook.

After that, the drinking started, at about 5 with a nice quiet pint on the way home. Then we went to MDB's pub and it began in earnest. After that, there was an art exhibition where some of MDB's stuff was on show. Nothing quite like bad art-exhibition wine to make you put it away quickly. And then the far-too-cute lesbian girl who works with MDB decided to come to the gig. I think that's where it really started to go down hill.

I don't actually ache that much just yet, but I can tell it's coming.
< boom! | Bit excited >
And then I found myself snogging a 21 year old lesbian. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #1 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:31:27 AM EST
Not enough detail.

We have missed your diaries of willing barmaids etc.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Not strictly speaking a barmaid by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #2 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:34:10 AM EST
More of a glass collector, but if it gets busy, she has been known to pull pints.

And believe me, I miss the willing barmaids more than you miss the diaries about them.

As long by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:36:01 AM EST
..as she collects ECUs as well as glasses, it's all good.

Where have the barmaids gone? I get the impression you've had a dry spell.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Dry spell indeed. by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #6 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:53:16 AM EST
The last girlfriend did quite a number on me and I've been noticeably lacking in mojo for quite some time now. My new-year's resolution was to become more arrogant. Actually, I have a hazy recollection of saying that last night and I believe that may have precipitated the snog.

I think the new apartment will be good for me though. Having to make a conscious effort to go out and meet with people rather than sitting in watching TV with MDB will definitely be a step forward.

not really a lesbian by codemonkey uk (3.75 / 4) #4 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:45:03 AM EST
if she snogged you

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Alcohol by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #5 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:49:26 AM EST
..makes us do many things against our inner natures that we regret the next day.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Voice of experience? by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:56:42 AM EST
Have you been regretting or regrettable?

My extensive experimentation with alcohol by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 5) #9 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:59:00 AM EST
Produced a large selection of regrettable results; but never once did it result in a change of sexual orientation (temporary or otherwise), in my or anyone I met.

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
you're doing it wrong! by misslake (4.00 / 2) #17 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 09:25:45 AM EST
DRINKMORE!

snog more lads and more gay women.
EVERYONE WINS!

That was a tad freaky. by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #18 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 11:52:35 AM EST
The title of your post is a certain young lady's favourite catchphrase.

Not big on labels. by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 4) #7 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 02:55:41 AM EST
MDB snogged the same girl at a party one time, but I'm not about to start calling her bisexual.

And also, I have very soft hands - maybe she was confused.

It does beg the question by Merekat (4.00 / 1) #10 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:02:41 AM EST
What is she writing on bebo today?

Very little I'd imagine. by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 1) #13 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:13:11 AM EST
She's gotta be pretty hung over around now.

I think the fact that she had the unique experience of meeting all of my brothers in under an hour probably left more of a mark on her than any other aspect of the evening.

straight or bi by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 1) #11 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:03:08 AM EST
Ah come on, you must know by now girls snog other girls just to tease the guys. Or just for the hell of it. Your just calling her a lesbian because it's good for your ego (so hot I turn gay girls straight etc).

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
Not an ego thing. by Evil Cloaked User (4.00 / 2) #12 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:10:13 AM EST
I've no doubt in my mind that she's lesbian, and that it was just a bit of a laugh and it sure as shit ain't going anywhere.

How is a girl kissing another girl "just for the hell of it" any different than a lesbian girl kissing a guy just for the hell of it?

As to your parenthetical statement, quite the opposite - I've turned straight girls gay!

Sure, who hasn't? by Rogerborg (4.00 / 5) #14 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:38:25 AM EST
Although, granted, her rugby playing was a bit of a giveaway.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
I don't know why by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #16 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 07:37:22 AM EST

But I'm damn sure it is.  I know, yea yea everyone is a unique flower, special in his/her/its own way, but you started the generalisations with the lesbian remark in your title, so don't be bringing the shades-of-grey trump card to the table when I get pedantic about the notches you cut in your belt!  And that goes for you too mr anonymouse! :P

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.

Sexuality is not a hard label by anonimouse (4.00 / 2) #15 Mon Apr 14, 2008 at 03:49:03 AM EST
I don't believe that anyone is definitively straight or lesbian/ homosexual.

Your life experiences, genetic makeup etc etc may give you a predilection for one or the other, but that doesn't mean that other options are not considered (and sometimes chosen).

A close friend of Mrs Mouse went through a 8 year lesbian spell (3 relationships) before meeting a guy who she got married to. I was not responsible for any "conversion" here

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
update by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #19 Tue Apr 15, 2008 at 10:44:18 PM EST

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
I don't get your bias. by Evil Cloaked User (2.00 / 0) #20 Wed Apr 16, 2008 at 12:07:28 AM EST
Would you refuse to accept someone as vegetarian if once in a blue moon, they got very drunk and ended up eating a chicken burger?

Let's run down a few examples, shall we? I have a friend who is heavily involved in the gay scene. Before he came out, he was briefly seeing a female friend of mine, OldFlatmate. When he came out to her shortly afterwards, she was not hugely surprised. Well, about a year later, whilst impressively drunk, he ended up snogging OldFlatmate's best friend, also a girl. Does this make him bisexual?

I've snogged a guy. Does that make me bisexual?

A guy I went to school with tried to rationalise it once. What he came up with was that as straight men, two guys getting it on does nothing for us, so we're happy to label them as gay and move on. Two girls getting it on however, does plenty for us. Hell, one girl is great, and so, by simple mathematics... two must be better. He reckoned that a tendency to dismiss girls as either bisexual or lipstick-lesbians was simply optimism on the part of the guy hoping for a threesome.

woah by codemonkey uk (2.00 / 0) #21 Wed Apr 16, 2008 at 05:35:45 AM EST
chill

geez

I thought it was a pretty funny cartoon, but I guess you didn't.  Sorry.

--- Thad ---