- Youtube Rickrolls the Internet
All video links from the front page go to Never Gonna Give You Up.
- BBC's Flying Penguins
Nicely done nature documentary spoof, if a tad outlandish. I don't think they'll ever top spaghetti trees.
Triple hit of new "hero class" (Bard) announcement, Warcraft for Consoles announcement, and (my favourite of the 3) a client side script on their forums that litter everyone's post with "lols" and other forumisms.
- IGN previews Zelda Movie trailer
Extra points for effort.
- Assasin's Creed vs. Metal Gear
Cute piece of cross-promotion. Not sure if it really counts as an April Fool, since the Assassin costume will probably end up being an unlockable.
- Kotaku become's a Game Cakes webside.
- Google & Virgin Mars Colony.
Disappointing repeat of the 2004 Moon Base gag.
- Websites reskinning as otherwebsites. Ie, wowhead reskined as thottbot (http://www.wowhead.com/). Unoriginal, but briefly amusing.
- Obvious fake tech news. Ie:
Mostly not funny anymore chaps.
- Websites redirecting to other websites (ie C64 site http://www.c64.sk/ redirected to a Spectrum site). Oh the hilarity. Unless you actually want to use the website today. At all.
See also the poll.
|< Swirly thoughts today. | I've hated April Fool's Day since I was six >|