Print Story 2 down, 2 to go
Music
By muchagecko (Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:49:18 AM EST) X (all tags)
I saw one of my all-time favorite bands last night.

WARNING:This diary includes profuse fawning.

X played at the Showbox last night. It's been a few years since I've seen them but they're still amazing.

I haven't been able to slam in years. Kids today just don't know the fun they're missing. Last night at X just may have been my last slamdance.

I think I wrote about how my friend, Marci, pushed me into a kiss with John Doe a few years back. I guess I've become a punk rock groupie. After last night's show, Billy Zoom, wandered through the crowd. I started to worship him and he grabbed me and gave me a kiss.

TMI WARNING
Solely based on their kisses, I think Billy would be better in bed than John, only because John's kiss was more of an emotional slobber (although very, very nice) and Billy's was precise and dangerous. I probably would make a pretty good punk rock groupie.
END TMI

I did stand near Exene, but found myself too scared to say anything to her. She's looking more frail than ever, but that doesn't fool me. It was only a few years ago she petitioned for more child support from Viggo Mortensen. She's still a scrapper.

X has tons of dates left in this tour. Go. Slam. Have fun.

< Cumulative dumbness | Spending a week away >
2 down, 2 to go | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cleveland or Pittsburgh are the closest by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:02:49 AM EST
while there would be a certain punk ambience in driving for hours to Cleveland to see X and then sleeping on Bob's streetcorner, I'll pass.

There will be more dates TBA. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:16:57 AM EST
Maybe they'll get closer to you. Although I did read that Billy hates New Yawk City New Yorkers. I don't know if that would effect tour sites.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
I'm used to being off the beaten path by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:31:44 AM EST
and I doubt they'll do a summer fest to open for Blink 182.

Laurea saw them by blixco (4.00 / 2) #3 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:30:32 AM EST
last year? A couple of years ago?

I refuse to see old punk bands. Or any bands, really.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin

I had been worried that they'd by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #5 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:35:24 AM EST
have lost their edge. They're in their 50's, yet still kick ass.

You know better than to miss live music shows.

rjd2's comin to austin next weekend by alprazolam (4.00 / 1) #7 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 11:40:36 AM EST
i'm gonna see him here i think.

HIREZPROOF by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #6 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 10:35:36 AM EST
when I can find my SD card reader. You never looked at the pics with your glasses on, didja?

Signed,
Even more precise & dangerous

Dangerous like a desperado by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Apr 01, 2008 at 03:51:29 AM EST
Hey, aren't we due an update on your, uh, smoking?

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
2 down, 2 to go | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback