Print Story Cumulative dumbness
Food
By ana (Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 06:57:04 AM EST) Sweet Potatoes are Yummy! (all tags)
I'm just gonna leave this open and type stuff in as I think of it.

Random links:

1. Best dog-perspective tale evar: Sweet Potatoes are Yummy! Note the 22 pages of comments.

2. Um, there is no number 2.

'Twas a pretty good weekend. Filed taxes (yuck, but it's done). Wrote some. Hung out with the puppies. Didn't hafta sing Sunday morning (to give the director a bit of a break after the Easter sprint), so we could get up at the usual hour. Backed up laptop to external disk, successfully. Still wondering why the Firewire cable didn't seem to work, but hey.

From the channel, some discussion about staring into the abyss and finding it staring back at you. Which reminds me of this picture.

Lunchtime! I did manage to bake some bread this weekend (in the machine). Did I make myself a lunch to bring along? No, I did not.

So this week many members of the division are away at a conference. Most of the people in my field are probably there. This is good, since I promised "by the end of the month" a chapter for an introductory textbook, and the co-authors and editors will be at the conference. This allows me a few actual days to work on it.

Of course, I'm off to a conference myself in 3 weeks' time, and haven't really started working on the presentation for that.

Speaking of lunch, the food this weekend was fabulous. It seems toxicfur likes to find herself by doing experimental cooking, with (very nearly) uniformly wonderful results. This would include haddock with crab stuffing, side dishes of shrimp and lobster bisque. And last night's carne asada tostadas, complete with home-made chipotle hot sauce, re-fried beans (thanks to ni for the details), and deep-fried corn tortillas to put under it all. Yumz.

< Procrastination | 2 down, 2 to go >
Cumulative dumbness | 13 comments (13 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You should by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #1 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:07:08 AM EST
submit that picture for others to lolcat caption..

eg "Waiting for fud"

Or by ana (4.00 / 1) #3 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:17:08 AM EST
"How much is that kitty in the window?"

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Or.... by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:53:26 AM EST
Mom said I had to hunt for my own food, but I haven't caught anything yet.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.
The actual story... by ana (2.00 / 0) #12 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 09:19:26 AM EST
is also quite amusing.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Er... by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:08:29 AM EST
I didn't actually make the hot sauce, just dumped the chipotles in sauce from the can to a more manageable jar. The guacamole was (mostly) homemade, though. I'm glad you enjoyed dinners, though. I've very much enjoyed spending a few hours in the kitchen every weekend.
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
Ah. by ana (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:19:06 AM EST
Was good, though. And I do really enjoy eating what you come up with, nearly every time.

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

(Comment Deleted) by jared (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:35:37 AM EST

This comment has been deleted by jared

Best Dog Story Ever by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 07:35:14 AM EST
Dogs In Elk

And a follow up...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Missing Poll Option: by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:06:24 AM EST
  • I feel...um...not so good.

• Sweet Potatoes are, indeed, yummy. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #8 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:22:56 AM EST
    Also, I have a cat that will eat balloons.

Note that I did not say "digest".

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

The cat in the above picture... by toxicfur (4.00 / 1) #9 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:42:16 AM EST
    compulsively licked plastic grocery bags and I caught her eating a rubber band once. I'm thankful that she never had to have anything surgically removed....
    -----
    If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
    We were really worried about the balloon. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 2) #10 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 08:52:11 AM EST
    Till I discovered I could... ummm... just pull it out.

Fortunately, it was still in one long section. She must have slurped it down like spaghetti.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

taxes. by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #13 Mon Mar 31, 2008 at 02:25:23 PM EST
    I had mine done before Easter.
    Then I realized I forgot to check on my ING account in over a month and bam, there it was, a 1099-INT, just over the minimum reporting amount.  So I had to refile State and Federal.  What was really bad, I ended up owing the same as before.

Click