Print Story Ante-natal Consultant appt
By flowergrrl (Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 03:22:11 AM EST) (all tags)
Things aren't so grim :)

The consultant doesn't have a great scanning machine, as they have little portables, but he commented that the waters did look reduced, but weren't too bad, there was a nice pool by babies feet, that I saw him/her kicking into!

It may be my imagination, but I swear the pocket of water by babies feet looked a bit bigger. Hard to tell for sure as the quality of the machines the consultants have and the technicians have differ so much.

It did make me think that that large amount of discharge I had had a week before my last scan may have been a leak then, but its mending? How can I put this politely, it was the one time in ages - since that rash I had, that DH and I had done the deed, and the next day when I wiped after having a wee, I was shocked at the discharge amount, but just thought it was probably his fluids (was clear though, not milky), if the waters are better then perhaps my assumption was wrong! IF it was waters though, then I am terrified of doing it again!!

He was unable to comment on the head circumference, as on the portables its hard to check this, so we shall have to wait till a week Monday, when I get another detailed scan to see how that is doing.

I forgot to mention about the aspirin to him, but the dosage was agreed at the last appt (different doctor last time) so I can just go and buy it to take I guess?

I am feeling less worried today, whilst this LO might still have HC problems, and thus, Dubowitz, hopefully we won't be having to deal with any prematurity! :D

< follow your muse | on the subtle >
Ante-natal Consultant appt | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Wow by hulver (4.00 / 2) #1 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 04:21:50 AM EST
TMI about discharge colours there, but good news!
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
that is good news! by clock (4.00 / 1) #2 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 05:00:58 AM EST
you're in our thoughts!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Well, that is good news, hurray! by ammoniacal (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 05:08:49 AM EST
I am constantly amazed by the sheer number of things which move in or out of vaginae.

WIPO by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 05:45:28 AM EST
Zach Braff.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Great news! by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 05:45:50 AM EST
Blowjobs all round!

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
since that rash I had by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 07:43:43 AM EST
Wow. TMI indeed.

There are so many wrong places I could go with that... But I won't.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

oh wait by flowergrrl (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Mar 27, 2008 at 08:41:07 AM EST
I probably didn't say about that here

I developed a weird rash, mostly on my arms and back, with a little on my chest, I saw a nurse, a doctor, and 2 midwives about it, and they all had different ideas, but all admitted that they had no clue what it was. The only thing I could think of that may have caused it (in addition to my having sensitive skin) was doing the deed, finishing, and it just made my skin act weirdly for a few days!

Anyways, the point of that sentence, was that I had that rash around 6 weeks ago (ish)

Ante-natal Consultant appt | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback