Print Story follow your muse
Puzzles & Riddles
By muchagecko (Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 10:00:58 AM EST) kids do the darnedest things (all tags)
Nobody else need understand.

I'm not sure why, but the boy was inspired to write this:
muffle muffle

Is he just writing what he hears Barney (the hideous purple dinosaur) sing, or is he getting snarky with it?

I also found this bit of art in comic format:
comeek

I haven't figured it out. Any ideas?

< Militant Atheists' Marching Song | Ante-natal Consultant appt >
follow your muse | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WE HAVE by sasquatchan (4.00 / 3) #1 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 10:11:20 AM EST
THE ANTHRAX.

He's afraid? by MartiniPhilosopher (4.00 / 2) #2 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 10:36:57 AM EST
Of someone named Rich from New Jersey stealing his thoughts? In April?

I'll ask him about that.. by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 10:58:25 AM EST
I've been thinking there had to be a joke in it, but maybe it's just a story.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin
This is deep, man. by nightflameblue (4.00 / 6) #4 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 11:04:11 AM EST
How old is this kid, to be writing comics about "reality" and snarking on Barney?

Not sure what it says in the comic, exactly by tuscoops (4.00 / 3) #5 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 01:39:42 PM EST
But in the Barney song, he makes a reference to the fact that enacting "with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you" would have the tendency to make those words intelligible..thus, the "muffle, muffle, muffle"...or it could be intimacy issues, but I lean towards the former.

As for the comic, he initially was intending to produce a 4-phase story (thus the 4 dividing lines drawn). In the first picture, and I assume on March 20th, he was with sword drawn and shield in hand when something was spoken. Perhaps this person was named Rich or he sees them as being financially well-off, or he decided to name the person Rich for the sake of distinguishing this person separate from himself.

Then, as we see in a continuation as the "reality" of March 20th, Rich didn't say anything at all and "me" has no sword or shield and determines "at mind" the "thought" is ultimately "what the heck". He makes some reference to crossover in letters in these words and probably was disappointed that he did not utilize the middle line well nor had the foresight to determine the frames as they occurred as opposed to predetermining their space and structure, thus he had to waste the central "T", which was intended to preclude "hought", and simply wrote "thought" in smaller letters to the left of it....turning the central "T" into a "+" that ties both sides together: reality of March 20th and New Jersey.

I cannot read what happens in April, but Rich, swords and shields are no part of it.

Addendum by tuscoops (4.00 / 2) #6 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 01:48:01 PM EST
Un*intelligible and to the *right of it....I like to think I occasionally crossover into Bizarro world and am not dyslexic or drunk or whathaveyou.

I have the answer to the "Rich" part. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #10 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 05:25:10 PM EST
Rich is a boy in his class. They've got a friendly/adversarial relationship. Rich often challenges the dude's logic or knowledge of Pokemon.  The dude just wants respect.

The thing that really gets me is that he has the 'reality' section and the 'new jersey' section.

I like your ideas on the letter spacing and layout.

Thanks

And the Barney part. by muchagecko (4.00 / 1) #12 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 05:33:24 PM EST
You are probably right about the dude's inability to understand what that freak of a dinosaur is saying. My dude likes things perfect and he can't just leave out anything - because something is being sung. Hence "muffle, muffle, muffle".

The dude is into details.

Frame 1: by ammoniacal (4.00 / 5) #7 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 03:28:08 PM EST
The Boy ("me") and someone named Rich. It is March 20th and one of them is stating that it's 3 days before/until Easter, which it was.

Frames 2/3: "me" and Rich again. Braining/Bringing MIND THOUGHT -- WHAT THE HECK! (Transition to New Jersey)

Frame 4: "me" (In April, when Easter ought to be) stating "Easter! Easter!"

Hrrmmmm. Makes sense to me. ;^)

Ahh....New Jersey is East-er by tuscoops (4.00 / 2) #8 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 03:47:18 PM EST
Than where was at at the time, which I guess was his epiphany....makes more sense if you can read it. Though this still does not answer the question of who this "Rich" is nor does it explain just what he is holding in the first frame.

He's holding an Easter basket. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #9 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 04:14:49 PM EST
I think that pretty much proves that I'm not a replicant.

So he really was trying to be funny. by muchagecko (4.00 / 2) #11 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 05:29:43 PM EST
It's a 'I can't believe Easter is so early' comic!

OMG - I'm willing to bet that the early holiday bothered his innate sense of right and wrong on a very deep level.

It bothered me... by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #13 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 07:08:53 PM EST
so I'm willing to bet that it really bothered him.

Idea by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #14 Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 11:18:30 PM EST
Stop letting him read Usar Freindly.  Eventually it'll drag his artwork down to their standard.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
follow your muse | 14 comments (14 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback