Print Story on the end of the week
By clock (Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 04:39:33 AM EST) (all tags)
a thing or two.

it's been a long week, but apparently i say that every week.  the fact is, the daily grind just sucks.  if it didn't, it wouldn't be called the daily grind.

i didn't accomplish much on the personal projects front this week.  not enough journaling.  no recording.  no time spent in the garage chopping bits of wood into smaller bits of wood.  though i did get my bandsaw yesterday so that last part will take care of itself this weekend.  i guess i did work on a new look for my personal web site this week.  i like it.  it's a little on the silly side, but whatever.  when i get it all done i'll let everyone mock me.  i do so enjoy the mocking.

stacky did some research on wills.  we're going to have ours done up directly.  when you have a lil dude it's a must.  unfortunately, stacky discussed this with her mother and some really hurtful things were said.  i have to say, a person has to go a long way to offend me.  i'm pretty laid back.  i suffer fools fairly well in most cases (especially when they're related).  but this crossed a line.  i was actually pissed off and hurt.  pissed because honestly, who the fuck is anyone to tell me what's best for my kid?  yeah.  that's my point.  and hurt because anyone would think that i wouldn't put a helluva lot of thought into these things.  i honestly didn't understand this flavor of love before.  there's NOTHING i wouldn't do for this kid.  nothing.  so if you think for one minute i would do something that would be counter to his interests, you're fucked in the head and i have no time for you.

so yeah.  i'm upset and the party i'm upset with doesn't even know it.  and probably wouldn't get it even if it were explained.  so whatever.  we'll draw up our papers and the next time we're asked to whom the kid will be entrusted, we'll respond with stacky's new troll: "hire a hitman and find out."

onward.

i plan to spend some serious time in the garage this weekend.  i have some project stuff i want to do and i still have to set up the saw.  all good fun.  things that relax me.  speaking of relaxing, it looks like we'll be camping sometime in early april in the austin area.  since all of the campsites are taken for the weekends, we'll likely go wed - fri.  i would like to get a hotel for friday night and chill in austin.  perhaps some austin area husites would be up for dinner (family friendly, of course because we're those people now)?  could be fun!  and yes, bookpeople will be involved.  i live in a land bereft of good book stores.

and for those who were wondering, yeah...sometimes dudes need to take a nap.

< The Lamp is On | A Day in the Life >
on the end of the week | 26 comments (26 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
NEED MORE PICTURES OF LITTLE DUDE!!!! by me0w (4.00 / 3) #1 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 04:43:22 AM EST
Since he's so cute I'm gunna marry him and all!!

i'll be including more... by clock (4.00 / 2) #3 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:02:38 AM EST
...he's just sooooo f'n CUTE!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Yeah. Big 'AWWWWWW!' factor there. by greyrat (4.00 / 2) #5 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:16:24 AM EST
You could so totally pick up chicks at the par-- No. Wait...

when we were out... by clock (4.00 / 2) #8 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:38:36 AM EST
...getting the upgrade for osx on "opening night" i was getting the eye from some hawtayz just by holding the dude.  he's a total flirt.  total chick magnet.  i mean, just look at the hottie i'm with!  without the dude...uh...

...wait...that didn't come out right...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Don't worry. Consider my position: by greyrat (4.00 / 1) #9 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:51:46 AM EST
I'm a man. A married man. An old married man. A crippled old married man. A broke, crippled old married man. A broke, crippled old married man with no significant power. What h00tyz are gonna look at me?

Well by ucblockhead (4.00 / 1) #12 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:39:10 AM EST
They don't have to know you are broke and married. And remember: "War injury".
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Heh. Ya' wanna see my scar? by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #14 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:44:47 AM EST
And trust me. They can smell broke. And married to probably.

stacky's new troll by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #2 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 04:53:15 AM EST
But does the troll come complete with the Evil Eye? Or is it only Italian women who can do that?

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

she doesn't do the evil eye... by clock (4.00 / 5) #4 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:03:24 AM EST
...she just fucks their shit up. it's how she rolls, yo.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Kid disposition by iGrrrl (4.00 / 2) #6 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:22:14 AM EST
That's the reason we still don't have a will. We can't agree.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

my sis-in-law and her partner are the same way... by clock (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 05:37:10 AM EST
...and i have trouble with that.  as it stands, if they died tomorrow, my nephew would be a ward of the state and then "may the best lawyer win" in terms of custody.

i just won't do that to my son.  even if we didn't have a solid candidate (and we still have to have an alternate) we would make a decision.  there's no way i would let that tug of war happen to/over my child.

it's way too scary.  even if stacky's sis were our only option, i'd at least choose her as opposed to letting a family court judge who might be having a bad day (and that happens a lot) assign him to the relative with the best shark.

it's a tough set of decisions.  and i feel VERY fortunate that stacky and i agree.  if we didn't it would be rough.

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Ohhhh, don't let that stop you. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #10 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:05:42 AM EST
Bad. You need a mediator, ASAP.

Sadly... by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:38:18 AM EST
The only answer will be for me to give in.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

You seem certain of that. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 06:40:34 AM EST
There's no other option?

Nope by iGrrrl (4.00 / 1) #17 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 07:45:30 AM EST
no details

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

the other stuff is also important by gzt (2.00 / 0) #19 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 08:48:06 AM EST
you might find it worthwhile to have a will even if that detail is left out.

I know, I know by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #22 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 09:34:59 AM EST
I had to execute two estates in 2000. Believe me, I know.

Doesn't make me any better at doing anything about it

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Diner could happen... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #15 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 07:04:13 AM EST
...if you were so inclined.  Hell, I might even get the little woman to come along, too!

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

that'd be GREAT! by clock (2.00 / 0) #16 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 07:09:06 AM EST
bring her!  she can hold the baby!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

It's funny because it's true... by atreides (4.00 / 1) #23 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 10:26:25 AM EST
She's very pro-baby; moreso than you may be prepared for...  Or not...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

dude by MillMan (4.00 / 2) #18 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 08:12:25 AM EST
you messed with texas.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

before you go making grand plans by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 4) #20 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 09:12:52 AM EST
did you stop to think about the dog?

if we ran into austin, what would we do with the dog?

dammit woman! by clock (4.00 / 2) #21 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 09:19:35 AM EST
stop killing my buzz.  SERIOUSLY!

1.  dog friendly restaurant/cafe?

2.  dump her in blixco's backyard with his dogs?

3.  let her run freeeeee...freeee as the wind blooooows...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

4. Let her use your balls for a chew-toy. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 2) #24 Fri Mar 21, 2008 at 10:40:00 AM EST
HAHA-HA!

most excellent troll by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #25 Sat Mar 22, 2008 at 07:02:29 PM EST
damn that's good.

Click
currently by garlic (4.00 / 1) #26 Mon Mar 24, 2008 at 08:52:04 AM EST
I'm designated in my brother and sister in laws will to take after my nephew. they keep saying they want to change that because I've told them I don't want my own kids. I told them that's ridiculous -- I'd be happy to take my nephew if it became necessary. But I'm trying to not push them because it is there call, not mine.

on the end of the week | 26 comments (26 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback