Print Story Insomnia
Boredom
By anonimouse (Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 01:52:21 AM EST) (all tags)
No sleep

My clock seems to be severely screwed. I went to sleep in the middle of Ashes to Ashes at about 9:30, and woke up at about 3am.

This is not an uncommon occurrance.

Unfortunately I've reached the mopping up stage of my Rome:Total War campaign. My Spanish troops are busy mopping up the final few provinces North of the Black Sea (97/102 provinces pwned) and therefore this does not pose a sufficient challenge. I have recently found a neat trick - a double row of Bull Warriors (Spanish pilum armed troops) set to "Fire at Will" is likely to kill any Roman Legionaries before they get to mix it.

I think I'm going to have to try out that copy of Medieval 2:Total War, that has been sitting unused on my PC for some time.

< Attn: LHuSiBeer infidels | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Insomnia | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You got 5.5 hours of sleep and you're whining? by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 02:58:26 AM EST
Sorry - I had a rough night, too. Gave up ~ 1am and went down stairs to the couch (so I wouldn't wak SWHTL) only to discover that my daughter's hamster had chosen that very night to plan his great escape.

When a hamster tries to chew his way out of a metal cage, it's not very effective - but it's amazingly noisy. Especially when the little bugger is actually chinning himself so he can gnaw at the latch on the lid....

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

Night animal activity by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 03:14:32 AM EST
..round here consists of one of my cats sacking our fridge and emptying the contents on the floor. Despite the fact that I've sealed everything in plastic boxes, he does it just to prove he can.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
ugh by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 03:29:47 AM EST
Baby-proof fridge lock?

We had a child lock by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 03:32:04 AM EST
He managed to defeat that too.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
If cats had opposable thumbs by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 08:38:20 PM EST
The human species wouldn't last a week.

We only exist today by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 08:55:30 PM EST
Because they need servants whilst they get on with the serious business of ruling the planet.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Heh. We just lock our cats in the basement @ night by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 04:12:17 AM EST
It limits the damage. It also ensures that the tom doesn't wander the house yowling because he can't figure out where the girl is hiding.

He does that during the day, too. She'll hunker down between the kids on the sofa and pretend she can't hear him.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

Also by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 03:15:47 AM EST
I would not be complaining if I fell asleep at midnight and woke up at 5:30.

At least if I do wake up early, I know the program I fell asleep in has recorded on the Media center.

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
It certainly does suck by ObviousTroll (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Mar 14, 2008 at 04:14:34 AM EST
Being wide away during the wrong half of the day.

SWHTL claims she can cure my insomnia with a so-called "Mallet of Serenity" but I think she's making it up - I don't remember having ever seen it.

Has anybody seen my clue? I know I had it when I came in here.

Insomnia | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback