Print Story Feb Weigh In
By Histle JJL Mechanics (Sat Mar 01, 2008 at 12:33:38 PM EST) 175 lbs by April 1st. (all tags)
At the end of January, I was at 193.5 pounds and set a goal for myself for 184.5 pounds by the end of Feb.

Today I did my monthly weigh in and I was ... 186.5.

Not too bad. Even though I failed in my goal, I succeeded as much as possible without actually achieving my goal.

1. I got extremely sick for about a week. During this week, I did not run. I envisioned I would be running 3 miles per day by now, but I am still at 2 (2.5 if I eat my Wheaties). Today I am going to give it 120% and try to run 3 miles, and keep it up for the rest of March.
  2. I got extremely drunk several days, including my birthday. I gain a lot of weight when I drink. I have not kept true to my "no getting drunk" promise.
  3. I have been drinking a lot of Red Bull. The sugary kind. That should contribute as well.
All-in-all, I think if I had kept up with my promises to myself, I would definitely be at 184.5 now.

My goal for April 1st must be 175 lbs, because my original goal set in January was to be at 175 by April 1st. I don't think I'm going to make it but I think it's going to be close. I'm going to renew my no-drinking and no-caffeine promise to myself today and run like a madman.

Below the fold: biopsy results.

So the skin doctor took a chunk out of my face and stitched me up and send the skin to the lab for analysis. Turns out it wasn't cancer, but I had stitches by the edge of my mouth for a week. It was very inconvenient and painful.

I couldn't floss and simple tasks like brushing my teeth were difficult. Once I was eating a cheeseburger and my bandage fell off. The bun brushed the side of the lip. It was extremely painful and I started bleeding. I was afraid I tore out a stitch but it turned out to be no big deal.

The stitches were only in for about 7 days. After they were removed there was about 2 days of residual discomfort.

They also took a chunk out of my back (aka a mole). I didn't get stitched up there, because from what I understand avoiding scars on my back isn't a priority. I didn't have a problem with this. But it got extremely itchy and I couldn't lie on my back very much. Again, this didn't come back as cancerous, so despite all of the discomfort everything worked out for the best I guess.

See you in March. Vote in the poll.

< Fun with feral animals part 2 | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Feb Weigh In | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I thought we could edit our own stories? by Histle JJL Mechanics (2.00 / 0) #1 Sat Mar 01, 2008 at 12:34:42 PM EST
I failed it bad in making the poll. Oh well.

Also. by Histle JJL Mechanics (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Mar 01, 2008 at 12:42:25 PM EST
My blood pressure is now in the healthy range again. Previously it was in the prehyper-tension area.

WTH by Rogerborg (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Mar 01, 2008 at 11:44:37 PM EST
You should cut off a finger and counts the rings to check if you're actually getting younger.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Getting healthy is a good thing. by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Mar 01, 2008 at 04:23:57 PM EST
Keep at it. Also, from personal experience, don't push yourself too hard, or you won't be able to maintain past your initial goal. Just something to keep in mind, but it seems like you're definitely on the right track -- congratulations!
-----
If you don't get a Bonnie, my universe will not make sense. --blixco
Yor promises by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Mar 02, 2008 at 01:54:57 PM EST
Keep them realistic. If you were unable to continue with a particular diet and exercise regiment for X weeks, then move the fucking expectation BACK somewhere between X and 2X weeks. Your current health is more important than your perceived health benefit.

I'd expected to be back to about 62kg by now; circumstances have changes and I'm fine with the 68kg or so I've got. Latest blood test results tomorrow.

The worst thing you can possibly do is excess in a diet and/or exercise. You only force your body into starvation mode where it saves every fucking calorie possible so that instead of losing weight even with exercise, you'll exercise less, hold onto precious energy, and bloat up as soon as your caloric intake exceeds bare minimum. This is how the true anorexics die.

Red Bull is not good for you and is chock full of empty calories.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Two cents . . . by slozo (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Mar 03, 2008 at 09:18:35 AM EST
. . . Stay off the sugar. That means no more red bulls, none of those popular fruit juices, absolutely no cokes/sodas, and try to keep away from processed foods. Cook your own food as much as possible. No ice cream, chips, etc.

Good luck.