Print Story Some sad news
Death
By ad hoc (Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 07:02:19 PM EST) (all tags)

A terrible, terrible loss.
< The diary before this one is a placeholder | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Some sad news | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I wish I could have ridden with him. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 09:01:13 PM EST
I bet he was a fun guy.

Sorry for your loss.

"It means more if you have to earn it, even if it's by doing something as simple as eating a meal." Kellnerin

That is the by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 09:17:58 PM EST
singular coolest fuckin' bike helmet I've ever seen.

Sad news by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Feb 04, 2008 at 09:53:51 PM EST
I just got round to getting hold of the washers he recommended for me.

Still, bah! That's rubbish news.

That's really sad. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Feb 05, 2008 at 07:12:23 AM EST
I chatted with him a bit here and there over the years. Never got to ride with him, but I liked the way he didn't stick to the modern cycling ideals. He was one of the few big name cyclists I've ever spoken with who didn't sneer at my cheaply equipped road bike.

He may not have been known by everyone, but everyone that knew him knew he was worth knowing. And that's a nice legacy.

very sad by 256 (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Feb 05, 2008 at 11:05:51 AM EST
we have a responsibility to make sure that his site stays around as a permanent tribute.

it is exactly what the internet is all about.
I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni

oddly enough by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Feb 05, 2008 at 02:03:31 PM EST
When I heard I thought of you.

Click
I can't say he was a "friend" of mine by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Feb 05, 2008 at 02:34:31 PM EST
other than he was a super friendly guy and, therefor, a friend of everyone, but I have met him many times and have been on countless rides with him. I'll post pictures if I can find them.

But his freely given advice is legendary. There are precious few people like him.

A loss ike this (internet x cycling at least) hasn't been felt since Ken Kifer was killed.

He was just such a nice guy. It was difficult to read the trouble he''s been having over the last couple of years with MS.

so sad.
The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.

Some sad news | 7 comments (7 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback