Key:
[NSFWFUP] = Not Safe For Work For Ultra-Prudish
[(UK)] = UK-centric
[LL] = Late or repeated link
< Today==Not Good | BBC White season: 'Rivers of Blood' >
Brain | 20 comments (20 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Eaten by trees is neat. by dn (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 10:57:19 PM EST
I theorize that the tub in the air was sitting on wooden supports that rotted away.

I ♥
 TOXIC
WASTE

America is weird by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Feb 13, 2008 at 11:57:34 PM EST
Through English eyes, that "Stuff White People Like" is basically "Stuff Middle Class People Like".

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

Yeah by jump the ladder (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 12:14:50 AM EST
Actually should be stuff Guardian reading (Democrat supporting in US terms), middle class people like.

Anyway lots of white people in the US like Nascar, SUVs, hunting and going to church. Of course they're the lower class Republicans.

Indeed. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #5 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 01:43:00 AM EST
But it's worrying how much of it makes me shiver with recognition.

The English read very selectively. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:14:44 AM EST
A considerable number of the comments on that site go something along the lines of "This is more like 'Stuff Yuppies like'."

Heh by nebbish (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:33:08 AM EST
Caught me out there...

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

It's stuff white upper class Californians like by theboz (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 06:48:21 AM EST
Much of that didn't resonate with me, but the stuff that did was hilarious.
- - - - -
actually by MillMan (4.00 / 1) #15 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07:50:39 AM EST
it's what 20 something liberal urban white people like. Of which the author is one, of course.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

you take that back by R343L (2.00 / 0) #20 Fri Feb 15, 2008 at 07:33:10 AM EST
Yes, I'm divorcing, I have a bike, and I recycle. But goddammit, I don't have a fucking Prius, the only co-ed sport I like is one played (usually) in bed, and expensive sandwiches are still sandwiches (hence, boring and not worth even $3 unless I'm so hungry I'm about to eat a tourist).

Oh, and "natural medicine" is a crock.

If self hating middle class liberals were black by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #4 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 12:43:57 AM EST
Would they be posting about how they like watermelons and basketball?

Ikea stores are a beachhead.  When our lean, thirsty overlords emerge, there won't be time for me to say "Told you so."

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.

UPDATE: Apparently, I is black by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:13:23 AM EST
I has always suspected as much.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Probably. It's called humor. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:23:23 AM EST
African Americans regularly make jokes about the stereotypes of blackness. Its because a certain segment of just about every race, ethnicity, and nationality enjoys life and joy. Consequently, jokes happen. Mostly by accident, but sometimes people make them happen.

I'm told there's an overseas equivalent: "humour." I've never seen it, but people say it exists. I'm sure if you made a study of it that you could find some example of it somewhere.

I've given the matter some thought by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:39:19 AM EST
And I've concluded that if self hating middle class liberals were black, you'd they'd spend all day masturbating while crank calling the local Country Club.  It was obvious, in retrospect.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
And if the House of Lords was all Paki . . . by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #11 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 03:50:39 AM EST
We'd spend elevenses kissing rugs in a madrasah. I figure we should just be thankful we enjoy our grotesquely unfair social advantages and live and let live, you know?

Oh, and do let me know if you find any of that humour. I'm practically tumenescent with anticipation.

I shall collect an example forthwith by Rogerborg (4.00 / 2) #12 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 04:55:23 AM EST
By beating a passer-by to death and then scooping out the l'esprit de l'escalier through his eye socket.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Ok see now I don't care by blixco (2.00 / 0) #14 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 07:18:38 AM EST
who you are, that's funny.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Except maybe the passer-by. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (2.00 / 0) #16 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 08:04:07 AM EST
n/t

I dunno, by blixco (2.00 / 0) #17 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09:15:42 AM EST
that's a pretty funny way to die.  Some crazed Scoty goes after you to prove a point, that's just funny.
---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
I qualified it with a maybe. by Christopher Robin was Murdered (4.00 / 1) #18 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 09:33:51 AM EST
He might always luck across a good sport. It's a small island; his odds aren't half bad.

wipo by alprazolam (2.00 / 0) #19 Thu Feb 14, 2008 at 12:58:19 PM EST