Print Story sniffle sniffle
By Merekat (Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 05:19:01 AM EST) (all tags)
Right, so I shall only travel to Ireland again when it is not winter.

Or I buy my parents a new bathroom window and force them to turn on some central heating and turn up in a dust mask and dust out the bedroom first. Two days there and I'm back to sucking on an inhaler I haven't needed in 18 months until 24 hours after I get back to fresh air. Fuck that. The bathroom was so fucking cold it would inhibit the bowel movements of any sensible human being. Two of the timetabled buses did not show up at the airport so I was outside in freezing fog with about 50m visibility for 45 mins which did not help. And in the end the banks were as stupid as expected, resulting in a workaround where I had to write a cheque to myself and lodge it in order to close an a/c because apparently allowing customers to move their own money around electronically when they want to close an account would encourage money laundering.

House still not sold. Buyers reaching new ecstasies of incompetence. This is their last chance before we move to legal recourse.

Work busy busy busy. Need 1. energy, 2. no colds 3. time machine 4. ability to allocate temporary decision-making willpower dynamically. And better german so I can talk people into submission. I managed 2.5 hours of intense stuff  (verbal production, moderation and discussion) today before my brain went wobbly and shut down in self-defense.
< Single-purpose cookware | Cookie Fun Challenge: Reminder >
sniffle sniffle | 11 comments (11 topical, 2 hidden) | Trackback
Who says by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 05:26:59 AM EST
A taser wouldn't be useful in the office ?
You could have been much more productive in those 2.5 hours if you could just step over the twitching body of your opponent.

Are the irish like canadians in that they by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 2) #2 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 05:33:15 AM EST
leave their houses cold out of cheapness and then ask you if you are a real Canadian/Irishperson if you complain that it is cold?

---------------

Destroy All Planets

Yes and no by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 05:40:45 AM EST
Cold in Ireland generally isn't fatal so buildings are not really optimised for keeping in heat. Also, people not only often do not heat their homes properly, they actually open windows all day and night even in winter so it crosses beyond cheap and into stubborn. The final point is true though.

Don't hold back. by ObviousTroll (4.00 / 1) #4 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 05:42:01 AM EST
Tell us how you really feel.

For about 10 years I worked with - and sometimes for - an Irishman who moved to the states and got married. Besides teaching me not to drink American beer, his other main cause in life was explaining to Americans that Ireland is not the romantic land of legend we think it is. Every fall he'd come back from visiting his family and we'd have to listen to him rant about spending two weeks staring at his parents with nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to see but rain.

Dear User: Please replace this text with a witty or insightful saying before using this software.
exactly by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 06:07:22 AM EST
The place can be so damp and undynamic, you feel like the moss will start growing up your legs if you stand still too long.

It does have by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 06:30:44 AM EST
Some stunning coastlines and places of natural beauty.  I remember going to the Vee as a child; awesome.

When it wasn't raining.

Shame about the house by nebbish (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Dec 08, 2008 at 06:35:24 AM EST
Hope the situation improves.

--------
It's political correctness gone mad!

German language by Tonatiuh (2.00 / 0) #9 Tue Dec 09, 2008 at 01:31:24 AM EST
Just speak it slowly and louder, but without showing your emotions.

Submission assured.