Print Story ATTENTION ANIMAL LOVING INFIDELS
By BadDoggie (Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:14:10 AM EST) Puppies! (all tags)
What's been missing here on HuSi for a while? PUPPY PICS! That's right, MNS: pay attention.

Attention TTers: this is not yet for general distribution.

and so it begins

Hoo-boy.

Approximately 20% chance of a coming bifurcation and twins. RIG's either four or six weeks gone already; the doc's English wasn't so hot. The story for mum & dad will be that this happened a month later than it actually appears to have done and is obviously the result of a rather vigorous celebration of our engagement.

For the record, we did not know RIG was pregnant when I proposed. We're fairly certain now.

< HAPPY METALOCALYPSE DAY! | Gods will be dragged screaming from the ether >
ATTENTION ANIMAL LOVING INFIDELS | 41 comments (41 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
We found by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:24:26 AM EST
That those early sono measurements were pretty accurate; it's only later on (when kids are too big to get accurate measures) that they start going "Eh, close enough". So 5 weeks is probably about right.

Congrats, and enjoy. It's everything and nothing like you think.

Was I spot on the money by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:26:00 AM EST
Or was I spot on the money?

Congrats mate.

I think by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #9 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:57:53 AM EST
Phage beat you to it...

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
Thank you, thank you. by Phage (4.00 / 1) #23 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:03:22 PM EST
I'm available for weddings, birthdays...

Wow! Congratulations. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:28:59 AM EST

Well, mutherfucker! by atreides (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:31:55 AM EST
And I thought you guys were moving fast before...

Congrats! When's the baby shower? :P

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

To be fair by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #10 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:08:00 AM EST
It's not like we did it on purpose.

Well, we intended to do what we were doing. It's just that we weren't expecting the consequences to be quite so immediate. I blame evolution. If we had seven digits on all our extremities it might never have happened.

Preaching to the choir... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:10:11 AM EST
Welsh Girl got preggers 2 months after we got married/went off the pill. I know all about curiously odd timing...

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

if you are using up all of your fingers by 256 (4.00 / 6) #14 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:46:15 AM EST
and all of your toes while trying to make a baby, you are either doing it very wrong or very right.

I don't think anyone's ever really died from smoking. --ni
Wow, congrats! by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:32:07 AM EST
I hope everything goes smoothly -- keep us updated!

To Rollins lesbians are like cuddly pandas: cute, exotic, forest-dwelling, dangerous when riled and unable to produce offspring without assistance.-CRwM
congrats again by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:40:55 AM EST

G. E. by komet (4.00 / 2) #7 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:45:05 AM EST
We bring good things to life.

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Fuckers by BadDoggie (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 10:47:23 AM EST
WE brought good things to life. GE just built the fucking camera.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Huh by miker2 (2.00 / 0) #40 Tue Jan 20, 2009 at 03:29:11 PM EST
I thought Siemens owned most of the tech in German hospitals.

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
Congratulations to you both by anonimouse (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:11:19 AM EST
But this news does make your last diary and the comments (with denials of event) extremely hilarious in hindsight....

I think most potential (grand) parents know babies take 9 months to manufacture, so I'd suggest a reasonable amount of truth with respect to timing. (birth control method accident is a tried and trusted porkie to explain things).

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
There was no explicit denial by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #22 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 09:53:28 PM EST
of anything but the shotgun factor.

I remember being very careful not to outright deny it because, well, I'd have been lying.

Fortunately, there's a family history of early births and large babies. Fudging the dates is not going to be much of a problem, and if I show earlier than expected it's because I'm so small. Circumstances smile upon us, after dropping us in it.

Congrats. by yicky yacky (4.00 / 5) #13 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:29:08 AM EST

Root Cause: 17

[ObJoke]

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Objoke continued by anonimouse (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:59:48 AM EST
...seems to have been too much rooting going on!

Girls come and go but a mortgage is for 25 years -- JtL
YOU DAWG!! by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:49:16 AM EST

congrats! by clock (4.00 / 3) #17 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 12:27:19 PM EST
and be prepared...

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

You could have had a COXCU by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #20 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 02:33:39 PM EST
warning.

Top picture ! by Phage (4.00 / 2) #25 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:10:43 PM EST
All I say is - wait until you have to get up at 01:30 to chase the drunks out of your kitchen.

oh i'll wait! by clock (4.00 / 1) #32 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 03:12:54 AM EST
but what his mom will be doing up at that hour is beyond me...

that's right i'm here all week...tip your server!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Awwww Congrats! /nt by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #18 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 01:52:12 PM EST

Congrats by marvin (4.00 / 3) #19 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 02:23:53 PM EST
I hope you both get plenty of sleep in the next eight months, because you won't be getting any after. For a while now, it has sounded like you two are ready for this and expecting it anyways at some point.

If this were a troll, it would be one of the most detailed and elaborate ones that I can remember.

Woo hoo! by hulver (2.00 / 0) #21 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 09:19:44 PM EST
Congrats

Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Superb ! by Phage (2.00 / 0) #24 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:07:58 PM EST
As an old romantic, I am very happy for you both.

Word of warning - Flying in first trimester ?
We'd still like to see you both in London, but it could wait.

My doctor by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #26 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:17:55 PM EST
said it's quite safe, unless the plane goes down, in which case the potential for miscarriage is the least of my worries.

And I quote.

Heh. Good doctor. by Phage (2.00 / 0) #27 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:21:03 PM EST
In which case, the first juice is on me.

We're still figuring out by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #28 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:42:01 PM EST
what the plans are.

I do like the doctor though. Apparently I get an ultrasound every four weeks. And then every two after 32 weeks.

I think he just wants to see me with my pants off.

A long time ago, by Phage (2.00 / 0) #29 Tue Dec 02, 2008 at 11:49:59 PM EST
In Australia, that was the same schedule we had. I suspected he was milking my insurance but not my problem. We got some great video on the later scans.

My insurance by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #30 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 12:58:04 AM EST
is offensively expensive. The doctor can milk it as much as he likes.

The only problem is that the ten week testing isn't covered under my insurance so it's going to cost us €200 plus any additional tests we may require based on potential risk factors. I'm extraordinarily resentful, given that I paid over €400 for my health insurance this month alone.

That is a royal pain by Phage (2.00 / 0) #31 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 01:22:20 AM EST
Why is the testing not covered ? I would have assumed that any tests that were required (as defined by your Ob/Gyn) would be covered.

Weird insurance, but then my memories are around a decade ago.

No idea. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #33 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 03:45:31 AM EST
I never question German logic. It's a pointless and tiring enterprise.

The story for mum & dad by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #34 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 04:01:27 AM EST
Heh. My grandmother was born two months "premature". She weighed 9 pounds.

The person listed on the birth certificate as her father is not the person to whom great-grandmother was married (she was married 7 months) at the time...

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

and everyone thinks by webwench (4.00 / 1) #39 Thu Dec 04, 2008 at 08:13:46 AM EST
old folks are all prim, proper and prudish ;)

Getting more attention than you since 1998. Ya ya!

Especially the old folks. [nt] by debacle (2.00 / 0) #41 Tue Jan 20, 2009 at 03:31:27 PM EST

How dare you by TPD (2.00 / 0) #35 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 05:52:11 AM EST
get RIG preggers before we had a chance to see her lathered at LHuSi beers ;) it's just a cunning plan to stop her telling all your dark doggie secrets I am sure!

Oh in case I didn't mention it

CONGRATULATIONS! way to go both of you!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Right. by sugar spun (2.00 / 0) #36 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 06:30:58 AM EST
Sobriety would stop me spilling secrets.

What do you want to know?

What is the velocity of an unladen swallow? by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #37 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 09:33:18 AM EST

ObEuropeanorAfrican? by toxicfur (2.00 / 0) #38 Wed Dec 03, 2008 at 10:36:24 AM EST