Print Story The ASF diaries - Part I
By Dr Thrustgood (Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 02:17:03 PM EST) (all tags)
So then. Went for a drink with SpiralX last night...

I'm not sure about you, but a few years ago, I spent some reading Alt.Seduction.Fast.

I tell a lie; it wasn't reading: it was worship. I read, I followed, and I got laid.

Somehow, in the intervening years, I got pussier, and I started believing shit like "I prefer being myself" and "shit don't mean not'ing, dawg."

So, this year, my laying strategy has been as near to being a sixteen-year-old as possible: "If I hook up with Cathy, things'll work themselves out."

Oh! Surprise! They haven't!

So, as of now, I'm going back to the ASF, and I'm going to diarise my success and failure rates.

Starting off tonight: Chatted up a fit black bird at Aldgate bus station. After persistent talkage, realised that she was up for it, but got put off by (unknown quantity) of lack of money for cab and (the actual truth) how to pull via different bus routes.

Note to self: Goatse.cx is hilarious to perilously few people.

< Facebook and the second coming of high school. | Dear Global Warming, >
The ASF diaries - Part I | 17 comments (17 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
ASF? LOL. by dmg (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 02:26:07 PM EST
You want to get yourself up to date with the ultimate in seduction technology...

Seriously, this stuff is absolutely ridiculous. If you can bring yourself to follow the instructions, you would be amazed at the results. However, it can cause one to lose one's faith in humanity, so its not all win.

And as for preferring to be yourself, you're actually saying you prefer to be the guy who isn't getting laid?

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Dude by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 1) #2 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 02:28:04 PM EST
I am so behind the times.

And yes; this is the psychological kickass mindfuck that I've always enjoyed about ASF: you, yourself, are a sex-vacuum vs. ASF plus your personality = teh win!!!

Obviously, I go for the latter whenever barmaids are involved.

Indeed by dmg (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 02:42:05 PM EST
There is almost a religious epiphany or "matrix moment" when you realize the bottom line factor in your not getting laid turns out to be - you!

The whole 'pick up community' thing is hilarious too, with its in-fighting and bitchiness.

It has to be said, using these kind of techniques to get girls is trolling, plain and simple.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Heh by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 2) #5 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 03:19:10 PM EST
But I've never been any good at trolling...

but trolling by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 01:38:49 AM EST
is just everyday human manipulation; the only difference is an addition: the manipulator thinks it's funny.

I actually got laid by being myself several weeks ago, of course the dog and pony show you have to put on for the ladies doesn't have to go as flawlessly at the hostel as it does at the pub in a big city populated with office workers.

I recommend reading a bit of evolutionary psychology - it'll burn your myths about humanity in an intellectual manner rather than the horror of watching them burn right in front of you with your own eyes.

also by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 01:41:26 AM EST
I recommend David Deangelo for this stuff; he actually respects women and himself for that matter.

Your recommending evolutionary psych? by dmg (2.00 / 0) #13 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 08:29:33 AM EST
That's my job! I'm constantly singing the praises of David M Buss to anyone who'll listen.
Agree about David D too, although, he endorses RSD, so go figure. I actually got into this stuff because I'm interested in power politics.
It's amazing how similar the political world is to the dating world.
I guess it's all game theory and strategies at the end of the day.

dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Getting laid by being yourself by dmg (4.00 / 1) #14 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 08:30:58 AM EST
== "trolling with the truth" sometimes the most effective trolls are the ones which rely on simple facts.

"Linux - not quite ready for the desktop" for example...
dmg - HuSi's most dimwitted overprivileged user.
Clearly the best method is to take me clubbing ... by me0w (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 04:03:51 PM EST
 I pick up the chicks in line and then pass them off to others!
Indeed. by Breaker (4.00 / 1) #12 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 03:23:38 AM EST
That was something of an evening for me, TYVM :)

Arse by Dr Thrustgood (4.00 / 2) #3 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 02:30:26 PM EST
Left out the most important detail: I am unable to locate any food that I have bought in the house, and so am currently (covertly) cooking my flatmates' food in the hope that none of them wake up.

The bird was fit and she knew it whot whot whot by Clipper Ship (1.67 / 3) #7 Wed Dec 17, 2008 at 04:33:30 PM EST

---------------

Destroy All Planets

drink? by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 02:07:58 AM EST
Like, beer? How odd.

I thought by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 03:23:18 AM EST
You had some polish barmaid on the go?

Yeah... by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #15 Fri Dec 19, 2008 at 01:37:36 PM EST
I managed to do a pretty decent job of fucking that one up. Think she's back in the country next week, though... note to self: stop going out for drinks with exes. No, really, stop it.

Take it by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #16 Sun Dec 21, 2008 at 04:56:15 AM EST
Where you can get it.

I have been by Dr Thrustgood (2.00 / 0) #17 Sun Dec 21, 2008 at 05:17:14 AM EST
Complicate things? Oh yes...

*shudders*