Print Story Oh no he isn't!
By hulver (Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 05:48:13 AM EST) (all tags)
Last week, and the weekend review.

Pig update.

Last week was manic. We (as a family) hardly stopped.

It was the school christmas play last week, and they did 4 performances in total. It was "The Wizard of Mos" this year. D2 was a munchkin. D1 was the lead role! Dorothy. I filmed it (yes, they still allow cameras during the performance) and I would put her singing "somewhere over the rainbow" on youtube, but D1 would kill me. With great predjudice.

They also both took part in a huge choir thing called Young Voices involving most of the schools in Sheffield. That was pretty good. They did this one thing where as they were all singing the conductor would point to a section of the singers, and that section would do a mexican wave. It looked fantastic.

Then this weekend was the York pantomime. Lots of running around, singing and men dressing up as women. Fantastic family fun! Once again D2 got a wagon wheel. When I was a kid I went to the panto every year, and every year he would chuck wagon wheels. I got one in all the time I was going.
D2 has been going for about 4 years now, and has got a wagon wheel every single time. Something to do with being very cute and having long wavey pale blonde hair I think.

So lots of late nights, and now two tired out grumpy children.

Pig update.

I've received more than enough money for the deposit, so I'll be sending that off tonight. I'll update the accounts page with a piggy progress counter as well, so people can check how much has been raised towards the final feast.

Name that pig! I need some ideas for a name for the pig, so we can throw a poll on the front page. Any ideas? Mine are either,

The hulver.com pig
Mr splashy pants
< oh, hallo! | 109/60 >
Oh no he isn't! | 40 comments (40 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
pig name by Merekat (4.00 / 8) #1 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 05:51:09 AM EST
I propose you call it Hugh Fernley Whittingstal.

Pig names: by Clipper Ship (4.00 / 1) #2 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 05:52:14 AM EST
Preham McBacon

---------------

Destroy All Planets

Pig Name: Sir Oinks-A-Lot by zarathus (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 05:53:28 AM EST

----------
Blogger - n. Someone with nothing to say writing for someone with nothing to do.
Pig name suggestions by theboz (4.00 / 2) #4 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 05:56:28 AM EST
"That Big Motherfucker"  - Think of it as wishful thinking.  Any time you see a photo of it or something, you can say, "Look at 'that big motherfucker'" and it will eventually come true and your pig will be huge, and good eating.  Plus, you don't want to give something you're going to eat a cute name, otherwise you'll be sad when you eat it.

"Porky" - Ever watch Warner Bros cartoons?  Enough said.  Just be sure that you stutter when serving it.

"Mr. Bacon Butt" - That way, you are always reminded that this is not something cute, it is living food.

I could come up with more, but I'm tired so I won't have any good ideas until later, probably after you've already selected a name.  Maybe something like "Hammy Swirlpecker" would be good, but I don't think most people would get it.

- - - - -
Sir Ian Blair [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 11) #5 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:03:02 AM EST

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
I don't know UK footie enough by sasquatchan (4.00 / 1) #6 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:07:57 AM EST
but isn't there a "wes ham" joke to be worked into the name somehow ? (Nor do I know enough about regionalisms to work out who might be irked by such a name..)

few names by TPD (4.00 / 9) #7 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:09:22 AM EST
Rogerboar
g (named after gpig)
the porker diaries (or another porker, etc etc etc)
it's good too, pork
knife and pork
Iggle PIGgle
mr Pig (for fans of 80s hair metal)
etc etc etc

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Did you know... by iGrrrl (4.00 / 2) #23 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:24:08 AM EST
g (named after gpig)

gpig is vegetarian!

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

So is the pig [n/t] by Herring (4.00 / 1) #31 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 10:01:48 AM EST

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
false by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #35 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 01:18:35 PM EST
they will eat meat if presented with the opportunity.  Ask my dad's chickens.

---------
Or Canadian prostitutes. n/t by Captain Tenille (4.00 / 2) #39 Tue Dec 16, 2008 at 08:49:10 AM EST

---------

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Rogerboar. by blixco (2.00 / 0) #37 Tue Dec 16, 2008 at 07:39:38 AM EST
Has to be.

---------------------------------
"You bring the weasel, I'll bring the whiskey." - kellnerin
Pig names by TheophileEscargot (3.20 / 5) #8 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:15:57 AM EST
"Dr Julius Strangepork".
"Zear" (as in Pig Zear)
"Scoop".
If it's a reddish colour: "rusty".

Pig Names by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 2) #9 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:17:40 AM EST

--- Thad ---
Almost as Smart As you.
and one more... by codemonkey uk (4.00 / 4) #12 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:22:29 AM EST
The trailing '--' by dark nowhere (2.00 / 0) #32 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 11:48:47 AM EST
is important.

Chill out, snowflake.

On the animal farm theme by Herring (4.00 / 5) #13 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:28:59 AM EST
Trottersky

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
Pig names by wiredog (4.00 / 2) #10 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:19:56 AM EST
Napoleon
Snowball
Squealer

Or maybe Wilbur.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Mine still to come. by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #11 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:21:54 AM EST

I got taken taken down by a motherfunker of a virus this weekend (posting this in my PJs) and haven't left the house for three days. Will send next time I go out. Apologies.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Oh, and names-wise ... by yicky yacky (2.00 / 0) #19 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 07:01:26 AM EST

Del-boy or Rodney seem applicable.

----
Vacuity abhors a vacuum.
Excellent suggestions by Phage (4.00 / 2) #14 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:31:12 AM EST
The poll should definitely include

Rogerboar
Wilbur
Napoleon

My 0.02 - Delicious
             or Sir Crackling-Hamalot

Also has anyone noticed how much Kenneth Branagh looks like a bristly ginger pig nowadays ?

Bim. by ana (2.00 / 0) #15 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:32:32 AM EST

Bim's bent broom breaks,
Ben's bent broom breaks.
Bim's band,
Ben's band.
Big bands.
Pig bands.
Bim and Ben lead bands with brooms.
Bim's band bangs,
and Ben's band Booms.
So I'm not entirely sure Bim was a pig, but his band was. This has become such a part of our shared experience that if somebody says "Big $x," the rejoinder is almost inevitably "Pig $x."

"And this ... is a piece of Synergy." --Kellnerin

Arghhhhh the horror by TPD (2.00 / 0) #17 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:39:42 AM EST
you have no idea how many times I have woken up in a cold sweat thinking about Tweetle Beetles!

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
Puddle battle? by hulver (4.00 / 1) #18 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:53:26 AM EST
I used to find it easier to read after a couple of glasses of wine :)
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
Halal, Kosher or Vegan by georgeha (4.00 / 4) #16 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 06:36:30 AM EST
That way of someone with dietary restrictions says they can't eat it, tell them they can, it's [Halal, Kosher, Vegan].

Ballsack McPorkSword (nt) by komet (4.00 / 10) #20 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 07:04:48 AM EST

<ni> komet: You are functionally illiterate as regards trashy erotica.
Heh by hulver (2.00 / 0) #21 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 07:13:54 AM EST
Awesome.
Cheese is not a hat. - clock
We're only going to give that bit to BadDoggie. by ambrosen (4.00 / 1) #27 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:58:00 AM EST
Saveee-loooooooyy!!

This is the interweb by Tonatiuh (4.00 / 1) #22 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 07:26:31 AM EST
iPig

ePig

Pig 1.0

I was gonna say... by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #24 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:25:46 AM EST
...Mr. Splashy Pants, but you beat me to it.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

Peter. by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #25 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:36:44 AM EST
It's my boss's name.

Or my non-wishful submission: Palin. We can add to the indignity of killing and eating it by adding a smear of post-mortem lipstick.

Get over it by TurboThy (2.00 / 0) #28 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:59:35 AM EST
(Not your boss.) She lost and is thus of no consequence. She is not worthy of the attention.

__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.
If it's a sow: 'Delta Burke' -nt by chuckles (4.00 / 1) #26 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:38:19 AM EST

"food" by fluffy (4.00 / 1) #29 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 09:59:39 AM EST

busy bees buzz | sockpuppet revolution
D1 on YouTube by TurboThy (4.00 / 1) #30 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 10:00:45 AM EST
Save the clips for when she starts bringing home boyfriends.

__
Sommerhus til salg, første række til Kattegat.
Pig names by Driusan (4.00 / 1) #33 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 12:36:46 PM EST
Your Mom.
Your Face.
Your Mom's Face.

Vive le Montréal libre.
Pig Names by me0w (4.00 / 1) #34 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 01:02:59 PM EST
  1. Om nom nom nom
  2. Don't eat me

For us: by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #36 Mon Dec 15, 2008 at 01:35:45 PM EST
cowpig. Not the best of the collection, by a long way. Pigasus was my favourite.

Yes, Bath did have 100 differently decorated identical pig statues distributed around its streets.

Cute by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #38 Tue Dec 16, 2008 at 08:15:17 AM EST
Boston did that with Cod.

I like Pigasus. I thought "Pigmalion" was a good name, too.

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
WIPO: Rogerhog by Rogerborg (2.00 / 0) #40 Thu Dec 18, 2008 at 04:23:49 PM EST
Pfffft, "Rogerboar".  Amateurs.

Oh... SHITCOCKDAMMITFUCKITALLTOEQUATORIALHELL.

Metus amatores matrum compescit, non clementia.
Oh no he isn't! | 40 comments (40 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback