Print Story doom
By Merekat (Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:15:11 AM EST) (all tags)
Specifically, a vague feeling it is impending.

Tomorrow our starry-eyed buyers have a meeting with their solicitor. This will either result in contracts being signed, or yet another oversight on their part causing more delay and pleading. Despite the fact that rejecting their offer will almost certainly mean no sale for 18 months at least, at that point I think it would be the only sane course open to us. I hate being dependent on the actions of the irrational.

This morning I got lots of interesting work done. Alas, that means the only work I now have for the rest of the week is uninteresting. The closer new shiny project becomes, the more I am disenchanted with the current situation and less inclined to work on it. Which of course makes it last longer, so this is stupid of me.

This weekend I had a hangover. I remembered why I don't like hangovers. Not being as practised at boozing as I was when I lived on the cold, dark, damp island, I now get a hangover after 4 or so glasses of wine in an evening. Yay for being a cheap drunk in times of recession.

I have a week of holidays to jam into the rest of the year and no idea what to do with it other than a routine trip to .ie to shout at banks. Sleep, maybe.
< It's bigger than you and the Welfare State | A year without husi >
doom | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Holidays by Phage (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:21:24 AM EST
I also had to take a week (or lose the days) and have painted 1.5 bathrooms !
On the downside, I have run out of paint and aggravted an old injury to the point that walking is painful. My advice ?
Buy booze, rent DVD, light fire and....relax.

what's with the surgery? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #4 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 04:09:40 AM EST

Compression split in cartilege by Phage (2.00 / 0) #5 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 04:29:44 AM EST
Did it last year when chasing my son down the beach and left leg dropped into a hole.
Flared up this week to a constant sharp pain. Dug out the referral to surgeon and AXA told me they wouldn't cover me for him, as he is too expensive !
As are all the other surgeons in the leafy srockbroker towns near me. It's either London or Brighton...I'm getting some new referrals to London today because this bloody hurts.

I now get a hangover after 4 or so glasses of wine by Imperial Mince (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:39:17 AM EST
That is about a bottle and half though, right?

This space reserved for whining like a little bitch and being sanctimonious.
Nope by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:40:19 AM EST
100ml glasses.

Ob: Quote by Phage (2.00 / 0) #6 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 04:30:44 AM EST
That's not a glass !

IAWTP by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #7 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 05:40:30 AM EST
Me thinks the girl has confused a spirit measure for a wine glass.

Nope by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #8 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 06:01:47 AM EST
I did say I was out of practice, and I meant it.

I vote sleep by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #9 Mon Nov 03, 2008 at 03:32:13 PM EST