Print Story You know you're in a redneck country
By MillMan (Fri Nov 21, 2008 at 12:53:56 PM EST) (all tags)
when 90% of the highway signs have taken shotgun blasts.

So for good measure I went to Dunedin's local dirt racetrack last night with the proprietor of the B&B I am staying at where we watched beat up Holdens smack each other around the track.

I couldn't stop laughing at the announcer speaking kiwi at high speed (got maybe a third of it) while talking about gun ownership with said proprietor.

A++ would do again.

Oh and for extra good measure I'm having a cappuccino at McDonalds as I type this at the "McCafe."

< Frankly, who really cares? | Black and White and Red All Over >
You know you're in a redneck country | 6 comments (6 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Holden racing... by Metatone (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Nov 21, 2008 at 01:21:49 PM EST
yee-haw...

Holdens are great for fixing up... and wrecking... and fixin... and wreckin....

I used to drive a 1962 EJ Holden by cam (2.00 / 0) #3 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 12:08:33 PM EST
it was awesome. Had a red motor dropped in it.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic
haha there is a pic of it too by cam (2.00 / 0) #4 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 12:09:38 PM EST
oh my. by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #6 Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 10:00:06 PM EST
They really seem to like American cars down here - the proprietor dude was surprised when I told him how popular Japanese cars are in the US.

hell by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Nov 22, 2008 at 12:04:33 PM EST
if you were looking to experience rednecks ya coulda came to PA and saved liked 75%.

Click
Shotgun Signs by duxup (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Nov 23, 2008 at 05:59:08 PM EST
We have a shotgun sign not far from my house.  It is pretty much the last sign that this place was anything but suburbia.  It will be sad when they finally replace that.

____