Print Story Put me in a special school
Hardware
By gzt (Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 12:11:17 PM EST) gzt, exams, snatch, zombie apocalypse, mattoon (all tags)
'cause I am such a fool.

My legs are sore, specifically, the adductors. I've been wasting time looking at wikipedia trying to figure out what exactly is sore. So many fun little pictures to look at. I'm not sure why I never learned much anatomy. It's interesting, but it is a lot of stuff to memorize. The Latin helps some things, of course.

Speaking of Latin, how's it going? If I recall correctly, a bunch of you wanted to start studying Latin.

I have to finish off this chess problem set.

We're having a work retreat next month and it culminates in dinner at Uberboss's place. He asked about diet restrictions. I'm saying that I require a bowl of M&Ms, but all the brown ones must be removed.

I don't care too much for money. Money can't buy me love.

Work: driving me nuts whenever anything actually drives anywhere.

I'm trying to figure out where to throw in snatches. I should wait a little while before doing so, if only because I'm so busy. Ha: I just came up with a plan.

I might order more shoes. I'm a friggin' Imelda Marcos here. Money spent on shoes is money not spent on tactical polos. But spending money on shoes gets me things like Chucks Taylors, Vibram FiveFingers, and weightlifting shoes. I think those make me look more cool than tactical polos. Or do they? Time will tell. Hell, I can always get those later. There'll be time enough for rocking when we're older.

MNS caught on to my plan to panzerblitz him should he move to Mattoon. Wiley little fellow. Then again, he is right: the only reason to move to rural Illinois is to intentionally invite somebody to roll in over the plains and crush you. Or to found a rural enclave to survive the zombie apocalypse. But you should only do that after the zombie apocalypse has rendered tank warfare improbable.

I really should start studying for exams in May. I have a lot of material to learn. Might as well study for two exams. I have nothing but time.

< Ask Husi, etc. | Now for something serious. >
Put me in a special school | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Tactical polos. by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 01:06:55 PM EST
Yay! That's the idea.

Don't get me wrong, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 01:14:19 PM EST

I do understand the brilliance of your mechanized assault plan, but I've been burnt by that plan before.

Also, I humbly suggest some water-draining boots from OTB Boots, as, not only to they look bad-ass, all that water you encounter in the Windy Place when it rains won't bother you one bit, since it'll drain right back out of the boot while you walk. Do note, of course, that waterproof socks are required to actually keep your feet dry.

other camo idea by garlic (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 08:26:01 PM EST
john deer hat and carhardt clothes.

even if you aren't going for camo, carhardt is pretty sweet. Maybe not for someone as tactically minded as you, but still, pretty sweet.

I'm wearing Carhardt pants right now by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 09:02:19 PM EST

And already have a John Deere hat. I've found, once I ran out of tactical clothing to buy, that having a covert ops outfit for any given social situation was a necessity as well. Currently, I can disguise myself as "dude from the farm", "dude in Union Square", "nerd", and "dude who wears a suit", in addition to a host of other dudes, the informational release of which would be a breach of operation security. It's a useful thing for getting up close without attracting notice.

Recon - by nightflameblue (4.00 / 1) #7 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 03:40:48 AM EST
actual farmers rarely wear John Deere hats. Typically, that's for retired farmers that have moved into the city and miss "the life," or people that like to pretend they're down with farmers. Real farmers wear the hats they get for free from everyone from the feed company to the local CO-OP. Wear a seed company hat if you really want to blend in.

pioneer hat ftw by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 04:51:45 AM EST
heck, i still have detassling shirts. summer fun in '91: no tassles, no hassles, dude.

tassels, frig by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 05:02:58 AM EST
I fail it. It being spelling.

Muscles .. by me0w (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 02:36:10 PM EST
I had to memorize all of them. Origin. Insertion. Innervation. Action. Eventually they invade your dreams.

Once you know all of them ... people are no longer people - just a collection of muscles and bones.

Muscles = meat by Alan Crowe (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 11:30:34 AM EST
Does that make non-vegetarians turn cannibal?

where to throw in snatches? by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 01:54:16 AM EST
that just sounds rude.

I also have to practice the jerk. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 05:05:18 AM EST
I guess that explains it.

Put me in a special school | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback