Print Story I fail it.
Logic & Maths
By gzt (Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 08:25:35 AM EST) gzt, tuna, bruise, zombie apocalypse, friggin' intense (all tags)
I watched Heroes.

I'm getting beat up. All this sitting is worse than all this jumping. Seriously. I would rather squat all day (http://www.danielhsia.com/m_squat.php). Or jump all day. I could jump up and down on my chair all day.`

So I'm working on the turnover numbers for the month. Nobody at all anywhere is quitting. Same with the previous month. People are strapping themselves in and enjoying the ride. Wonder why? Have they too read the signs and see a zombie apocalypse just around the corner? BECAUSE I HAVE. IT'S IN THE DATA. It's tough to find a new job when everybody fears a zombie apocalypse.

But the only thing we have to fear is fear itself. Fear, after all, being one of the prime causes of spreading zombie-ism. Without widespread panic, zombie outbreaks can usually be contained before they reach apocalyptic proportions. Remember: DON'T PANIC.

Going to the gym tonight. I wonder if there will be any weirdos there. There are people who do the silliest things in the weight room. Of course, I consider curls silly.

I have to finish this set of chess problems tonight. Should be fun.

Elections starting today.

I have a bruise on my right wrist in an odd place: I can't really think of anything that would have hit right there and I don't find any evidence of muscle tearing that would cause internal bleeding. Well, those are the two causes I can think of for a bruise. It's a small bruise, so I don't care. The bruises on the fronts of my shoulders, however, are completely comprehensible.

5, not 10.

It's time for a tuna sandwich.

< Powder burns | The EU has lifted its ban on misshapen vegetables >
I fail it. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
You'd think Remington, Federal and Winchester by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #1 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 08:54:18 AM EST
would be hiring, as well as Stihl and Husqvarna.

heck... by greyshade (2.00 / 0) #2 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 09:39:09 AM EST
I could really go for a tuna sammy right now.  I might have to just have some on crackers.

which elections? by garlic (2.00 / 0) #3 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:05:09 AM EST

this one by gzt (2.00 / 0) #7 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:29:17 AM EST
how do you choose? by garlic (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:32:14 AM EST

well, I wasn't voting. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:36:33 AM EST
Only the delegates to the council vote, and their vote is only a recommendation. I think they vote for the bishop who they think will look best in the white hat he's wearing in the picture and who is least likely to engage in fiduciary misconduct.

certainly a good start. by garlic (2.00 / 0) #10 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:37:19 AM EST

If I recall the statute correctly ... by lm (2.00 / 0) #15 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 03:20:03 PM EST
... a 2/3 popular vote results in a win. Otherwise it goes to the synod.

But it's been well over a decade since I read the statutes.

Cicero, The Republic
the synod can never be forced to do anything by gzt (2.00 / 0) #16 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 04:12:07 PM EST
was my understanding. the way i thought it worked was that a 2/3 majority candidate is presented to the synod and the synod votes on whether to accept.

It can get icky by lm (2.00 / 0) #17 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 05:51:11 PM EST
As long ago as its been since I've read the statutes of the OCA, it's been longer since I've read the canons of the Ecumenical Councils and I've never read The Rudder. But since the OCA is a chartered corporation in the US, it does have to abide by its chartered statutes. If there is a conflict between the statures and canon law, it can get messy.

The good news is that the US court system tends to bow out of such matters.

Cicero, The Republic
Every time you watch Heroes by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:12:03 AM EST
god kills a cheerleader that comes back to life anyway.

Really, stop watching Heroes. You're only encouraging them.

worse than that by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:18:45 AM EST
I'm encouraging them in a way that they can directly measure and track: I'm watching it on the website.

Why not just hand them your soul. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:24:44 AM EST
Next you'll be buying it via iTunes.

it would never be that bad by gzt (2.00 / 0) #11 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:37:57 AM EST
I vowed to never ever give Donut Wheel my credit card information. Hence I will never ever purchase anything from the iTunes store. So, no  Heroes purchase.

Huh. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #12 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:44:47 AM EST
Well, there's other methods out there. But I don't want to be accused of being an enabler again.

You don't need to give them CC info by lm (2.00 / 0) #14 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 03:18:33 PM EST
You could, for example, buy a prefilled $10 card at the local convenience store.

Or be given such a beast as a gift.

Cicero, The Republic
uh-oh by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #13 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 10:58:22 AM EST
I watch Heroes.  Not on TV, but on DVD and the 'net.

It's not too bad.  It gives me something to do during nap time.

It's only bad if you pay attention to it. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #18 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 06:54:19 PM EST
Then you tend to get angry that the decent characters get either brushed aside or destroyed in the name of building the not so decent characters, only somehow they don't manage to build the not decent characters and instead just destroy all the characters. Over and over. All while not moving the plot anywhere at all.

Huh. That's why I stopped watching wrestling too.

it's TV by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #20 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 05:58:58 AM EST
which is inherently disappointing.  I don't get overly-involved in the bad details.

I prefer TV to movies because I can always manage to squeeze in a 40 minute viewing.  The 3+ hour epics hollywood is putting out these days are too big for me to sit down and watch.

Yeah. . . by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #21 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 06:13:43 AM EST
we've found ourselves breaking up movies. Sometimes it destroys the flow but it's either that or not watch them at all. And I like movies too much for that. Sadly, it seems the better ones are also the longer ones these days.

The bruising could be leukemia. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #19 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 09:44:20 PM EST
I mean, I hope it's not, but you know.

I fail it. | 21 comments (21 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback