Print Story I got nothin'
By yankeehack (Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 05:54:45 PM EST) (all tags)
urgh

Also, forgot to add this link

Bulleted.
  • Feeling like total crap, not wanting to go forward at the moment. For a variety of reasons.
  • After two weeks of not having much to do with him save for a few texts and an email exchange, finally ended it with K. I wish I could say that he was upset...but not really. He told me that he wished that I be happy and that I could contact him at any time and that he didn't know the when of him settling down.
  • The only difference between seeing him and not it seems, is that I am not getting intimate texts/calls anymore and I have no plans for the kidless weekend. The cat, however, is the only one who is pleased about the whole thing.
  • I don't really want to have contact with K as I don't want to get on the rollercoaster of talking to him, caring and even entertaining the thought of one more time.
  • My apartment is in full scale post breakup depression mode. Shit is everywhere.
  • I went into my car this morning and it was difficult than usual to adjust the automatic transmission shifter. I am hoping that I am just low on transmission fluid, which I will need to check tomorrow. I have to take the car in anyway for inspection, but I was hoping not to do it this week.
  • I have an interview in Philly on Thursday first thing at a academic medical facility. Need to take a cough cough day. Jesus christ, I am hating my job at the moment for a number of reasons.
  • LO has been good. Latest news here is that Dad and stepmother were fighting recently after the kids went to bed. Apparently the fight included a threat of "not making (her) angry else things would be broken", the next morning some electronics were broken and Dad had slept on the couch according to LO. I shit you not.
  • Might see my little sis for xmas.
  • I have to amend my taxes as I think the software I used made it look like I claimed LO (which I didn't). PITA.
  • Went to Philly on Halloween (missed the Phillies parade that day, I am not pleased about it) and dressed up as a hottie VP pick. I don't remember much of that night except that I was schooled how to parallel park by an old black grandmother before the festivities, I was very talkative to everyone, I felt sick at one point, I snogged a 24 year old civilian contractor for the military dressed in an Operation costume in an Irish pub, I fell asleep with my head in my hands sitting down in an afterhours waiting for my friends to stop talking, my friend (dressed as a french maid) thought it hilarious to take me to Pat's for cheesesteaks at 4am and we picked up a pair of older guys (one was a kinda cute attorney) at Pat's, took them back to my friends where NOTHING HAPPENED and the guys jetted and I crashed on my friends couch. Surprisingly, I was not that hungover the next day - but I was grateful to drive 45 minutes home and lie in my own bed.
  • Last but not least, I had the privilege of hanging out with the FlightTests, who were out east to visit family on a Sunday afternoon. They are good people and I totally appreciated them coming out to see me and meeting the newest FlightTest. It was very cool. Thank you Hulver.
That is all. I need to push the cat off the bed lest he think that it's all his now.
< Fucking hell. | A Day in the Life >
I got nothin' | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
too late. The cat's got plans for an addition. by dev trash (4.00 / 1) #1 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 06:13:11 PM EST
Also, the Flighttests are good people.

Click
when you know... by clock (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 03:43:18 AM EST
...that you'll only get married for the second time once, they are the best (and only!) guests to have at your wedding!

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

Providing by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #6 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 11:09:43 AM EST
your wedding is in Las Vegas, and the dress code is T-shirts and blue jeans!

there are... by clock (4.00 / 1) #7 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 01:36:08 PM EST
...other ways to get married the second time?

I agree with clock entirely --Kellnerin

I wish there wasn't by FlightTest (4.00 / 1) #9 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 05:12:58 AM EST
The wedding we were in PA for on 1 Nov would have been a lot more fun.

But then, it wouldn't have been in PA, and we would have missed meeting the lovely Ms. Hack.  So cloud, silver lining, and all that.

*hug* by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 08:05:23 PM EST
I'm getting drunk for your sake, missy.

'twas fun to hang with you by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #3 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 08:37:49 PM EST
We appreciate you meeting with us.  I found out Sunday that the woman who used to be the director of the adoption agency we worked with to get TFT has a daughter (I think, maybe grand-daughter) who lives in $your_town with her fiance.  Small world.  Said previous director "retired" recently to be the "emissary" or some such title that means she goes around drumming up funds for the agency.

Oh yeah, we don't feel quite so bad, our adoption worker we met shortly after you left turned into the wrong mall as well.     The SAME ONE we turned into, in fact.

We need to get together sometime soon by kwsNI (4.00 / 1) #8 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 04:33:07 PM EST
I'm in the mojave right now, only my 10th trip out here this year.  Never seem to have much free time though.

Yes, we do by FlightTest (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Nov 13, 2008 at 06:04:43 PM EST
I should have wings again soon.  Mechanic is supposed to be in town to work on the Apache this weekend, and promises to hang around until it's flyable.  Myself, I'm headed to Houston on Dec. 8th.  Also, PM sent.

I got to fly a 175 out of IYK by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Nov 14, 2008 at 09:52:14 AM EST
One of my cohorts out west has a nice 175 I got to fly (with him, still working on my ticket).  Flying weather out there sure beats MO right now.  Been cancelled the last week, ceilings as low as 800 and winds gusting near 30kts (typically across the runway)

Academic Medica Center huh? by mmangino (2.00 / 0) #4 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 02:58:42 AM EST
Is it located on South St. Near the Schuylkill? If so, you'll be right by where we live.

Mike