Print Story This is beginning to hurt.
Law
By gzt (Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 08:03:40 AM EST) gzt, call it a day (all tags)
This is beginning to be serious. It used to be a game.

So I tried NCIS after I got back from the gym.

It was pretty all right. Not great, but decent enough to not mind playing it while I made and ate dinner and then zoned out for a while when I got back from the gym.

I did laundry the other day - lots and lots of laundry. I dumped it on the other half of my queen-size bed and didn't get around to putting it away. It's still there. It's mostly t-shirts, socks, underwear, sweats, that stuff, not stuff that matters if it gets wrinkled.

So apparently they just put somebody in a new position which essentially undermines the very point of my entire workgroup. I hope I don't die. Whatevs. Everybody else is quite furious. We really think that it may be because we've been packed off in the non-HQ building. I think that a good number of people in the department don't even know who I am anymore. I do agree, in a sense: I'd have to work a lot harder if I were in the HQ building.

I should eat more.

I really need a job where they actually give me assignments and projects rather than saying, "Find something useful to do, make it into a project, here's a couple vague things we would like to happen in the next year that we're not sure are possible given what we have." I mean, I can function like that. Especially if I have more tools: I presently have the functional equivalent of duct tape, paper clips, and bubble gum. Soon I might have the equivalent of a decent car with silly putty for fuel and a hope of getting to Japan with it. We don't have any written goals or expectations or measures of our performance, so if I don't manage to cross the Pacific, what then?

It's time for lunch. 11 already passed (war is over, so this is Christmas, etc). It's too cold to eat outside anymore - or is it? Yes, it is. I may do it anyway.

I'm getting bigger.

I want to go home. I'll do the government reporting and then call it a day. Deal!

< I'm Stupidly Happy | "Leaving the fold" on Overcoming Bias >
This is beginning to hurt. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I think there's a link for you by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 08:48:04 AM EST
required reading

That link fails it. by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #2 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 09:19:04 AM EST
Starts by calling MacGuyver a fictional character and then goes so far as to claim some of the things he accomplished were actually impossible. Down with WIKI!

Jesus F. Christ by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 2) #3 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 09:54:20 AM EST

I just found the entirety of my body of evidence for why Wikipedia is absolutely meritless, and should not only be shut down immediately, but anyone who has ever edited a page like that should be detained, and subsequently executed.

Twenty-six printed pages of Macguyver text. Oh, the humanity.

sadly by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 10:58:30 AM EST
reading that page could be the most valuable thing I've done all day. if I get around to reading it.

Suggested alternate reading: by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 01:01:25 PM EST

The writing section of this t-shirt vendor routinely proves more amusing than much of Wikipedia, aside from the flame wars on discussions pertaining to blogs and blog-lebrities actively engaged in the use of Wikipedia as a PR tool.

Which really isn't saying much.

But, that's how I roll.

And must we question why you know how many by nightflameblue (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 11:48:07 AM EST
printed pages that produced?

And look at the bright side. You could have stumbled across one of the published tomes on the bookshelves about the wonder that is MacGuyver.

I needed a measure of the text by MohammedNiyalSayeed (4.00 / 1) #6 Tue Nov 11, 2008 at 12:58:33 PM EST

So I "saved as PDF", then counted how many pages it generated. I did not, repeat, DID NOT, actually print that shit. Though now that I think of it, I really should send it to a particular network printer across campus, since they aren't solving my problem. That way, at least, they'll have an excuse.

I strongly encourage this course of action by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Nov 12, 2008 at 05:23:51 AM EST
especially if the printer company is headquartered in New England.

This is beginning to hurt. | 8 comments (8 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback