Print Story FUDZ GLOARYUS FUDZ
Food
By BadDoggie (Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 03:46:27 AM EST) Cooking, travel (all tags)
Inside:
  • What I cooked today
  • What I'm cooking tonight
  • What I'm not cooking tomorrow

Includes recipes and a poll!

Today: RIG was too hungry to decide what the hell to eat. I suggested sinful: Fried egg sammy. Her eyes lit up as she tried to hide the drooling. "I'll hate you with every bite."

Slice a Kaiser roll, coat one side with HP sauce, the other with mayo. Fry one egg in EVO & butter over medium-high heat, salt and pepper, flip egg and cook until the yolk is waxy but not dry, place on roll bottom, cover with roll top. Enjoy.

Tonight: Pasta with sun-dried tomatoes, feta and Kalamata olives (10-minute dish).

Gemelli, farfalle or other thicker, short pasta
Sun-dried tomatoes - slice thinly/chop loosely
Cherry tomatoes (optional) - halve
Shallots (optional) - finely dice
Red onions - large chop
Feta cheese (pref. sheep's milk) - fine cubes
Kalamata olives - pit if desired
EVO (olive oil)
Butter

Cook pasta in salted water (water should be as salty as seawater).

Fry shallots over medium heat in butter and EVO until translucent. Add red onion, let it go soft. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for around 4 minutes until they start to soften and break. Add olives, more oil so that the mixture isn't dry.

Drain pasta well, add to pan, add feta, mix well for 1 minute. Add a knob of butter to finish and if too dry, a littl more olive oil. Salt & pepper to taste.

Tomorrow: not cooking the duck for dinner with BG & RIG, so no recipe for that or the sauce nor even for the potatoes (wasn't sure whether to go with the Dauphinoise or Emmeline). I'm not even giving you the ginger carrots because I'm feeling cranky.

I'm still sick and RIG's abandoning me -- she's fucking off to a conference in $AustrianCity until Wednesday. Even though I could come and spend the night, then hop an early train back to Munich she's vetoed the idea. Nothing but DBA practice (and, erm... recovery) for me for the next few days. On the plus side I might finally start writing the blog again.

< Who is really to blame for the credit crunch? | Kind of Blue >
FUDZ GLOARYUS FUDZ | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Thank you for my sammich. by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #1 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 04:03:34 AM EST
It was good.

You're not coming with me. I'm going to be working, talking to reasonably sane people about their favourite brands of crazy people, sneaking across the street to $other conference to tear strips off the woman with the Most Ill-Informed Paper On Sexual Practices She's Never Experienced, and hanging out in the sauna with the other delegates in the evenings.

You'd hate every moment. I promise.

I'd hate every moment? by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #2 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 05:27:52 AM EST
In a sauna? Perhaps we haven't been properly introduced.

Hi. I'm BD. I'm your boyfriend. I can do cooking, me. Saunas, too.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Stop playing on the computer by sugar spun (4.00 / 3) #3 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 05:29:47 AM EST
and go make me a sandwich.

One day I get my testicles back by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #4 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 06:08:50 AM EST
Meanwhile there's a lovely cheese & pickle stemmich in front of my computer which you've taken over. And no, I didn't forget te american mayo.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

OBPedantry by Driusan (4.00 / 3) #5 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 06:55:26 AM EST
You spelt sammich wrong.

Vive le Montréal libre.
It was hunger. by sugar spun (4.00 / 1) #8 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 09:46:16 AM EST
What's the use of taking someone's testicles if they don't make sammiches when you need them?

Can't get the staff.

Oregano or and basil by wilsley (2.00 / 0) #6 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 07:13:10 AM EST
is missing if I were making it tonight.

A little oregano works by BadDoggie (4.00 / 2) #7 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 07:18:33 AM EST
But not necessary. I'm going for the flavours of the tomatoes and olives; the oregano is overpowering even in small doses. Basil: no. With mozz, yes, but not sheep's milk feta.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Egg sandwich by gazbo (4.00 / 1) #9 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 12:10:33 PM EST
People who fry eggs in olive oil should be sterilised so that their wrongness genes do not propagate further.  That you mentioned HP sauce shows you understand the fundamentals of the egg sandwich, so I am perplexed at your decision to make olive-flavoured eggs.

What next - bacon fried in sesame oil?  Sausages in Castrol?

High-acid EVO by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #10 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 01:02:29 PM EST
Only a little olive oil to keep the butter from burning when using a higher frying temperature. It's a cooking thing; no olive taste. RIG was very happy with the sarny, and she's hardly prone to blowing smoke up my arse.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

No ginger carrots for the masses? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #11 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 03:52:04 PM EST
You fucking monster.