Print Story That's it. I'm dropping out.
Law
By gzt (Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 12:52:01 PM EST) gzt, adventure, goatherd, freelance hero, black-scholes, brains (all tags)
It's time to drop out and become a goatherd. Or an adventurer. Where should I go for adventure? How do you get a gig as a freelance hero? I was just in a four hour meeting and the market lost like 4% while I was out. That means it's time to cash out and join the battle against cosmic evil.

Who's with me?

I know it's just nervousness about the Lehman auction tomorrow, which will either cause mass carnage or modest gains, but I've had enough of this crap. So what's a reasonably young fellow to do if he doesn't want to fiddle with Black-Scholes and wants adventure instead?

In other news, after long planning meetings, their vision for my role in the next year in my group is as the brains of our operation. Well, frabjous day. I don't and won't get paid like it, though I should be glad to continue getting paid at all in this economy.

ADVENTURE!

< Quit whining. | Everyone else is blogging about this financial crisis so why can't I? >
That's it. I'm dropping out. | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
got room in your party for more people? by clover kicker (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 01:24:30 PM EST
I've got several levels in computers, and 1 or 2 in gardening/hunting/fishing/camping which might become more important very soon.

Disclosure - charisma was my dump stat.

yes by gzt (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 01:44:25 PM EST
i'm thinking of either hawaii or georgia (iberia) for my adventures. do you have contacts in either? do you speak georgian or russian? not required, but helpful.

How many levels is Eagle Scout? by wumpus (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 02:16:32 PM EST
I don't think I've put all that much xp into it since then. My carrying capacity is probably bigger, though.

Wumpus

depends on what badges you got by gzt (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 04:25:04 PM EST
but i will say this: it's pretty useful.

/me raises hand by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 02:01:00 PM EST

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

crucial question by gzt (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 02:13:18 PM EST
if the success of the mission depended on it, could you eat four doughnuts?

four??? by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 02:17:25 PM EST
I'll be on the road for a year, so yeah, I can probably pull that off. I could even take photos.

When I'm imprisoned as an enemy combatant, will you blog about it?

Your tour by ad hoc (4.00 / 1) #7 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 04:16:20 PM EST
that by MillMan (2.00 / 0) #10 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 04:42:47 PM EST
is closer to the truth than I'd like.

Woody Guthrie's Grandson couldn't have asked for by Clipper Ship (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 04:42:43 PM EST
better conditions to take up the reigns. His father got shafted by amazingly good economics. Just watch, although he's a mediocre musician, he's gonna be the new Truth for Duh Poor Fokes.

---------------

Destroy All Planets

this machine kills fascists by gzt (2.00 / 0) #11 Thu Oct 09, 2008 at 06:40:22 PM EST
woo