Print Story I'm tired of interdimensional wormholes clogging our toilets!
Sci-Fi
By georgeha (Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 07:08:26 AM EST) tanks, tp, harry potter, garageband, beer (all tags)
That's the simplest explanation.

Plus, A Simple Plan, Another River Another Town, URI or allergies, The One comes through, I'm losing her, splitting Labatts and less.

Poll: How many electoral votes does Obama get?

Somehow, the Harry Potter toilet got clogged last night after twelve year old got off. The bowl was filled with tp, yet she claimed she barely used any. This is a common occurrence, happening maybe once a month, and coinciding with her use of the pot. I guess the only reasonable explanation is interdimensional wormholes teleporting extra tp into the bowl. That night, thanks to a noisy roller, we heard she accessed the tp 11 times. Crikey, I think 4 is my usual amount. Frickin wormholes.

In other twelve year old news, I did my best but I fear I'm losing her to the dark side. Her music class is teaching her to use garageband, and she's liking it, and she's starting to appreciate Macs. Oh where, where did I go wrong? She is upset she only got a B+ on her first project, she had to make two songs, with either a latin jazz, rock, or R&B sound to them. Somehow she got a bossa nova type beat for one, the other sounded like easy listening. She said she didn't know what R&B was, so I played her some James Brown, and she was like "eh", what's wrong with the youth of today!

We did get her first quarter report card, 4 A+s, 3 As, and a B in English, darn impressive and if she can keep that up she can get a free ride to glamour and riches in engineering! Woot.

I had my suspicions that Obama was just another candidate, especially after I sent him $15 and was promised an Obama-Biden car magnet last month. It showed up this week, yay, one promise kept.

At the library Saturday I found Another River, Another Town, a slim volume about a teenage tank gunner in WWII. Irwin made it to ETO during the Bulge mopup, but really didn't see combat until mid April, 1945, so you can see why it would be slim. But, he gets assigned to 3rd Armored, and even more interesting when his M4A3 burns up, he gets assigned to the Super Pershing mentioned in Death Traps. It ends up seeing combat, including taking on a King Tiger (with a belly shot, even a 75 mm Sherman could have done that).

You read of some neat gunner tricks, he shoots an German armored car with AP, which goes right through it, so he fires an HE shell which hits the hole he just made, nice shooting. He watches several AP shots from his M4A3 bounce off the front of a heavy TD (Jagdtiger maybe), so he hits the front sprocket with HE, and gets an MKill (and the guns down the crew with his .30).

It's a neat memoir to read right after Death Traps.

In other media news, we watched the awfully depressing A Simple Plan last weekend. It was a good movie, Billy Bob was his usual great self and Brigitte Fonda was good. Two brothers and a pal come across a wrecked airplane in the snowy woods, with 4.4 million dollars in it. They decided to keep it and not tell anyone. Bad stuff happens. Recommended if you like Fargo and other crime movies set in the snowy midwest.

I sick of my cold, URI or allergies, whatever it is is making me miserable. I wish I could get codeinated cough syrup.

In beer news,I bought a case of Labatt's brewmaster special, with Honey Lager, Porter, Red Amber and Classic. The Honey Lager is good, somewhat like mine, the Porter is a nice chocolately treat, the Red Amber and Classic taste like Labatts.

Tonight, trick or treating with the usual gang, seven year old is upset that she can't invite teacher_girl, her current bff (it's not our neighborhood, I feel funny inviting people). Speaking of seven year old, she's having a bad Elektra complex right now, it's driving me nuts, as an introvert I need some time to myself. No swimming tomorrow, so we can all sleep in.

< Notes on the Failout | Operation: Make the controller lose control: Grand Finale. >
I'm tired of interdimensional wormholes clogging our toilets! | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
I've got a solution by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 08:43:52 AM EST
Pretend it's WWII again and ration the TP.. It's like you're combining a life lesson and a history lesson all in one.. Or replace the TP with the sears catalog, (since my 70 yr old father-in-law remembers the sears catalog for that purpose.. )

I don't know if I want to sacrifice my comfort tha by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 08:55:46 AM EST
t much just to avoid an occasional plunge job.

then by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:29:19 AM EST
why not force her to use family wipes?

That would be a very hard sell by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #5 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:36:32 AM EST
especially since I don't do laundry.

she's 12 by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #7 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:49:47 AM EST
she can do her OWN damn laundry!  Hell, my parents made me start doing laundry when I was 9.

Anyway, the choice can be hers - either use less TP, or move to cloth wipes.  OR teach her to fix the toilet - she breaks it, she fixes it.

She's a difficult twelve by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #8 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:56:03 AM EST
almost Aspie like in her personality. We have to pick our battles with her selectively, and homework is the biggest one now.

is there a 12 that isn't difficult? by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 10:03:53 AM EST
we've already made plans to ship The Dude off to my cousin's wife's family farm when he turns 11.  He can come home when he's 18!

She's always been difficult by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 10:07:28 AM EST
scary smart and headstrong, so she's able to figure out manipulation, and not easy to strong arm into things.

But think of the other lessons by sasquatchan (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:35:41 AM EST
hardship and perseverance getting that last wipe, and maybe some economics, when you start a black market for toilet paper.. And it'll help her when she goes to college/joins the corporate world, where they have that awful sandpaper TP -- she'll love it, compared to the sears catalog..

We already use the cheap Scott stuff by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #6 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 09:37:38 AM EST
I'm banking the change for a dowry. Someday, the pinicky eating toilet clogging kid will no longer be my problem.

Install a bidet by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 11:26:52 AM EST

The three things that make a diamond also make a waffle.
You can rub the walls with both elbows by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #12 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 11:27:53 AM EST
in our downstairs bathroom, no room for a bidet.

You can get an attachment by ad hoc (2.00 / 0) #13 Fri Oct 31, 2008 at 11:54:52 AM EST
Check with your importer by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #14 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 07:03:37 AM EST
The Japanese can fit a toilet that has a bidet with customizable temperature control using ass biometrics to determine the user, automatic butt baby-powdering attachment, automatic descending helmet with piped in shitting mood music, temperature controlled seat, ethernet port and 32" television, all in a four square foot area.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
"happening maybe once a month" by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #15 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 03:44:42 PM EST
Sounds like Mom ought to discuss, uh . . . certain logistical matters with her.

I asked her to make sure by georgeha (4.00 / 1) #16 Sat Nov 01, 2008 at 03:48:54 PM EST
just because the box says flushable doesn't make it so.

But's been happening for years, long before this summer's event.