Print Story Problem
Working life
By anonimouse (Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 08:49:10 AM EST) (all tags)
I find that the end of my contract is approaching faster than expected.

A few weeks ago I was informed that my contract, in common with a lot of people at $ISP wasn't going to be renewed. $ISP has been cutting back on staff. This wasn't a problem as my contract runs till January 2009.

I've found out today that $ISP actually gave everyone a months notice, and therefore my contract will end at the end of this month. I am rather pissed $AGENCY didn't enlighten me of said fact.

Shall read contract to determine legal status.

Fortunately $ISP_Manager is giving teh_good_reference.
< My Quest For Ultimate Power | I can't quite walk right. >
Problem | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Just bump up your plans. by muchagecko (2.00 / 0) #1 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 09:34:45 AM EST
I have no doubt you'll get something going.

A purpose gives you a reason to wake up every morning.
So a purpose is like a box of powdered donut holes?
Exactly
My Name is Earl

Same thing happened to me. by wiredog (2.00 / 0) #2 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 09:40:50 AM EST
Got one month's notice that the contract was ending 2 months early. Been unemployed 3 months now.

Get those resumes out now.

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

Most of my contracts by creo (2.00 / 0) #3 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 04:57:13 PM EST
have had the monthly termination thing. It has never been enforced yet.

I've always wondered what the point was of having an x month contract (x>1) when this clause was in there, rather than just rolling it over - I guess to cut down on the paperwork.

However, if they told the agency and the agency did not inform you I think you have every right to be most pissed - another reason why I have never used an agent yet, and have no intention of doing so in the future.

Cheers
Creo.

"I shall do what I believe to be right and honourable" - Guderian

Oh, shit. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #4 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 06:20:14 PM EST
It'll be tough keeping a single roof over your head.

The Upshot by CheeseburgerBrown (2.00 / 0) #5 Sun Oct 26, 2008 at 03:58:38 PM EST
Apparently, your $employer has invented time travel. There is probably a way to exploit your {profit|horrifying pan-dimensional doom}.

If you see me in 2009, remind me what stocks to buy.

(Also my kids -- something's gotta be done about my kids!)

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
Problem | 5 comments (5 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback