Print Story a thread
By Merekat (Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 02:25:25 AM EST) (all tags)
A glint seen out of the corner of my eye while washing my hands. There it was, caught in the light. Standing out due to texture and colour - a single, shining, silver hair.

This is really good. It is exactly the kind of silver/pewter grey from my father's side that I would hope all my hair becomes as I get older rather than the yellowing white that my mother's side gets.

Piss off older voters at your peril. Though alas, the health system is so fucked, they'd probably die before the next election. Hopefully their families will remain pissed off on their behalf. The farmers are also pissed off. This is a newer thing as FF were a rural party. I guess they're sure their new corporate and construction industry mates will see them right. They've certainly not left them unaided even in times of crisis.

I think 200g of roasted chestnuts was a bit too much for lunch. Smaller bag next time, though they are terribly addictive, and look like little brains.

< French cinema day. | I'm a consumer whore! >
a thread | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Next election... by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 02:54:48 AM EST
Epic Fáil?

Tin Fail Hat by Herring (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 03:24:26 AM EST
/me wants to know when exactly the spelling of gaelic became divorced from the pronunciation.

christ, we're all old now - StackyMcRacky
It is? by Merekat (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 03:33:55 AM EST
It is (dialect issues aside) pretty consistent internally. Unlike our more linguistically flexible neighbour's version which has to cope with spelling from one version applied to pronunciation from another but not on everything.

I Have The Salt & Pepper Action by CheeseburgerBrown (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 04:33:37 AM EST
...But it only shows up if I let me hair get longer than 2 mm, which is really only on the day before I clean myself up for the week. I do, however, have one of those glinty silver bastards in my facial hair, like a wee, thin lightning strike under my lower lip.

I am from a small, unknown country in the north called Ca-na-da.
Grey hair by ucblockhead (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 07:03:18 AM EST
I found my first grey hair at 18. That broke me of caring. I expected to be entirely grey by now, but I only ever had a patch.
[ucblockhead is] useless and subhuman
Hair by Phil the Canuck (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:43:45 AM EST
Men in my family don't go bald, but as a trade-off we usually go grey (or more accurately, white) by our early thirties.  I've beaten the odds.  I still have all my hair and am really just starting to grey significantly in my late thirties.

I have a Cruella DeVille silver streak by dev trash (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 01:38:31 PM EST
Roasted chestnuts sound awesome.

Click
I have a by yankeehack (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 02:22:49 PM EST
a few gray hairs where the front of my hair is and every so often another couple appear somewhere.

This isn't bad as my Mom had salt and pepper hair by her mid-30s.

It's a gift from Galadriel. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 07:36:07 PM EST
Don't lose it--you'll need it later on at Cirith Ungol.

a thread | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback