Print Story Urgent help required
By Phil the Canuck (Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 07:48:11 AM EST) (all tags)
RE: clip art

"Hey Phil, All I know is that I could go to clip art type in my theme and get a variety of clip art to use and now I am lucky if 1 thing comes up. I could not even get a witch or bat to use on my Halloween memo for Friday's party! The other problem is that I do the calendar for the groups on print shop and I am having problem using what I think is listed as art works to decorate my calendar. for example I typed in "pilgrims", several options came up, but when I clicked on it a turkey would come out on my calendar! I tried several times and got the same thing. Maybe someone needs to look at my printshop program or I need an update? Not sure??"

Tough titties.

< I'm a consumer whore! | "Darkness in Tokyo? It Must be a Dream..." >
Urgent help required | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
most of my work by garlic (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:09:44 AM EST
I do hardware and firmware design. We're reusing a design from a legacy program I did in a new program. Most of my work now involves requests from software on debugging their software because they haven't read the documentation on my hardware (yes, you have to turn it on for it to work. Yes, you have to set it up before you turn it on.) it sucks.

the flipside by cam (2.00 / 0) #10 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 05:40:15 AM EST
I was doing a DMS driver and one company was using our software to test their boards out on - problem was we got their boards from the DOT to test our driver against, so the vendor kept replacing the cards each time we would report how their card didnt handle the spec. We were constantly testing/debugging their boards because they didnt work to spec.

cam
Freedom, liberty, equity and an Australian Republic
it does go both ways by garlic (2.00 / 0) #11 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 12:57:40 PM EST
and on the original program we integrated out hardware bugs and software bugs together in the lab. But we've worked out those hardware bugs at this point. Now it's just software having problems exercising the hardware.

Sounds like you've found CBBs new Prod. Asst. by wiredog (4.00 / 5) #2 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:11:35 AM EST

Earth First!
(We can strip mine the rest later.)

"So what do you do for a living?" by BadDoggie (4.00 / 1) #3 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:50:15 AM EST
"I work in the recovery and recycling of aromatic organophosphanes."
"Oh, that's nice." [Leaves or changes topic]

Works a fucking charm.

BD: not fixing stupid home user problems since a long while now.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

Needs clipart for a memo? by ambrosen (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 09:51:21 AM EST
Looks a bit like an office to me.

So after much head scratching by ni (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 04:40:37 PM EST
and some googling, it turns out that a phosphane is the IUPAC name for what the entire rest of the world knows as a phosphine.

It should be illegal to describe anything using ridiculous IUPAC names, including your fake career.

Let me consider this... by BadDoggie (2.00 / 0) #9 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:45:35 PM EST
There's your distaste for IUPAC names versus... this.

This is the reason the phrase "no-brainer" was invented.

woof.

OMG WE'RE FUCKED! -- duxup ?

I remember clipart by herbert (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 11:41:50 AM EST
That was those little pictures that people used to have in their Desk-Top Publishing programs, back in the early nineties before animated gifs and Flash were invented.

But but but by jayhawk88 (2.00 / 0) #6 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 03:06:11 PM EST
How will everyone know what month it is without cheesy visual cues?

Well, if that's literally 'all she knows' by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #8 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 07:32:06 PM EST
then I think it's legal to kill her.

Urgent help required | 11 comments (11 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback