Print Story I'm a consumer whore!
Music
By gzt (Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 06:52:00 AM EST) gzt, milk (all tags)
I'm going to some Don Hertzfeld show.

I just bought the Vibram Fivefingers shoes. The KSO.

I'm a consumer whore. And how!

I figured I needed new running shoes and I also needed some shoes appropriate for weightlifting. And so on. And the Vibram Fivefingers seemed like they'd be appropriate for filling all the gaps in my current shoe wardrobe. What can I say?

I've been eating as if I were lifting lately, which means that, if I were to report on such things, well, let's just say MNS would be proud.

This loaf didn't turn out as well as the previous attempt at blixco bread. It ended up drier and I think the bread machine baked it a little too long. But, the honey I used was cool and it gave the loaf an interesting scent. I'll still eat it because it's awesome. I like awesome. It's so sad that most people have only experienced one type of honey in their lifetime.

My hands smell like that honey.

My toes are sort of shaped funny. They curve weird. I hope that won't mess up the shoes. Ideally, the shoes would help correct. I got the black ones.

I also got a pair of black Chuck Taylors. I love being me.

I think I'm doomed. I'm stuck in a crappy job and there's no way out into the sort of jobs I actually want. And there isn't really anything worthwhile to do in this job (in my opinion, at least, since I can't think of a single worthwhile thing I've done all year), so it'll disappear if times get tough. I'll deal with it by moving around giant chunks of steel tonight (in case you're wondering, today is squat, overhead press, power clean [if I trust myself to remember the movements well enough]). I really should've studied more for that exam in November so I could've taken it. It would've improved the odds a little.

Anyways, I'll go to listen to some lecture about something tonight and then I'll move around some big steel plates and then go home. I forgot to pack a lunch today, so I think I'll go to Subway.

I got milk for so cheap at the store: 2.59/gallon, though it actually rung up as 2.29. That's cheap enough I'd almost consider buying a lot and making cheese. I drank a quart this morning. Too bad I can't actually digest the stuff. Live and learn, bitches!

< a thread | Urgent help required >
I'm a consumer whore! | 9 comments (9 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
honey by garlic (2.00 / 0) #1 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 08:12:19 AM EST
my gf brought home sunflower, rosemary, and something else honeys from provence. they're pretty good.

Don't forget about the Windy City Rollers on Saturday at UIC Pavillion. Free Beer...

Though the brochure says you can run in by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #2 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 09:47:34 AM EST

Vibrams, I'm not sure I'd run very fast in them.

Also, I hereby approve of eating for lifting, without the lifting.

Massive production. by gzt (2.00 / 0) #3 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 10:15:10 AM EST
It's impressive. It's like, wow.

you encourage me by R343L (2.00 / 0) #4 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 10:25:42 AM EST
I want those shoes in the worst way and have not gotten them. Perhaps I should take up running...

I believe I was even the one to inject the Vibram shoes into the husi-something-o-sphere (we have one, right?) Dammit! What's wrong with me? I've been consumer whoring a lot lately. MORE!

Rachael

no! you should take up... by gzt (2.00 / 0) #5 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 10:29:03 AM EST
...olympic weightlifting. you're less likely to hurt your back.

hey, maybe you want to reconsider by LilFlightTest (4.00 / 1) #6 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 02:04:04 PM EST
talking about making MNS proud, and following that up with talking about the loaf you made.

---------
Good luck making cheese with commercial milk. by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #7 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 07:41:57 PM EST
Seriously.

You get away with murder at work by Ken Pompadour (1.33 / 3) #8 Thu Oct 23, 2008 at 09:42:11 PM EST
At any other workplace, you would have been fired months ago.  You have the best job in the world and always complain.

He get his money for nothing and chicks for free? by lm (2.00 / 0) #9 Fri Oct 24, 2008 at 04:19:25 AM EST
That ain't working.