Print Story Sweetness, I was only joking
Death
By Dr H0ffm4n (Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 02:41:39 PM EST) (all tags)
Police have asked what twat serviced WPKAW's bike. Except that's not what they asked. Was it bought new? When was it bought? Who adjusted the seat and suspension? Had it ever been serviced?

I got offered no strings sex tonight. By someone who I have been counselling in her relationships for the last 8 years. It took me 2 hours to let her down gently.

Plus this article on death begs the question. Bad philosophy stretched over five pages dressed up as science.

Had a meeting with a trust solicitor this evening. Costs to set up a trust for SoWPKAW may run to ~£3500. I have a mind to become a solicitor. MenCap's solicitor can advise for free, but I need an independent solicitor at some point to glance an eye over things to make sure I've worded the deed in a bullet proof way. Costs are from £220 per hour.

I stopped by the gh0stbike tonight on the way home. The pavements have been relaid underneath the bike. The bike is untouched. The sign is still on it in tact. Thanks to whoever was thoughtful enough to do that.

< Today is "Cat Is" | Attention Cycling Infidels >
Sweetness, I was only joking | 10 comments (10 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
WIPO by TPD (2.00 / 0) #1 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 02:51:15 PM EST
somewhere in the world

why sit, when you can sit and swivel with The Ab-SwivellerTM
THAT WOMAN NEEDED LAID. by ammoniacal (4.00 / 3) #2 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 07:41:20 PM EST
WHAT ABOUT *HER* FEELINGS, YOU INCONSIDERATE BASTARD?

Pro-Bono by Phage (4.00 / 1) #3 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 10:31:09 PM EST
A few letters to the Law Society or some of the bigger firms may prove worthwhile for a minimal investment. At worst they won't reply.

Also... by Metatone (4.00 / 1) #4 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 12:59:41 AM EST
if that doesn't work, you could look at firms outside of London... some of them are a little less cost happy and yet still quality.

What angle were the coppers coming from by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #5 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 01:16:23 AM EST
With regards to the condition of WPKAW's bike?

The senior investigating officer wanted to know by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #6 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 01:51:18 AM EST
They didn't say why apart from it goes into the SIO's report. I have asked if there's any reason to suspect the bike wasn't set up correctly or maintained, but they've not replied yet. Most of my comms with the plods are via email now.

ePlod / iPlod? by Breaker (4.00 / 2) #7 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 01:53:08 AM EST
Suppose they have to question everything in advance before any inquest, just in case they get asked.

Will you be pushing to take the council to court for ignoring advice to make the road safer?

I don't want to have to do that by Dr H0ffm4n (2.00 / 0) #8 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 02:44:12 AM EST
But if the inquest finds that the state of the road was a major factor and there's no criminal case, then I will think again. The council is not actually responsible for the road when it's a red route (as it is). TfL are responsible for the maintenance of red routes.

Whether I'd launch a case would depend on what was likely to be gained from doing that. I don't think WPKAW's family would like the attention or stress.

Reduce the likelihood by Breaker (2.00 / 0) #9 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 02:58:51 AM EST
Of another accident on that stretch of road, and make TfL more responsive for when safety groups point out other dangerous spots on the road network?

I suppose it is a question of whether you have the energy to push it, and also how WPKAW's family feels about it.  If it is a criminal case then it's out of your hands anyway, right?

If the talk-down took 2 hours, by yicky yacky (4.00 / 14) #10 Wed Oct 22, 2008 at 04:17:39 AM EST

then it was never no-strings sex. QED.

----