Print Story update
By yankeehack (Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 05:35:46 PM EST) (all tags)
UH HUH.

Also, the Rays in the World Series? WTF?

• It looks like I am not going to go to the World Series as I have LO this weekend and I can't get tix for the both of us. I'd be more heartbroken if, say, Boston was playing rather than the Rays. WTF? Most folks I know will be at the park for at least a game this week.
  • I am pretty fucking drained at 8.30 or so and it's only Monday. Big meeting on Thu at work for a product that I am going to hand over the management reins of after the big meeting. Still have some data to crunch for the pre-meeting paperwork.
  • Some stuff going on at work. Bleh.
  • $bigtechcompany's recruiter told me last week that they had an offer to someone else for the job they recruited me for. Uh right. My bet is that they had to stop recruiting as I had heard some rumors about their financial health even before the stock market blowup. I am not horribly upset as the job was indeed too far on the other side of the city.
  • On the upside, a friend of mine is now trying to get an analyst position for me at $universityhospital at the western edge of the city in the IS dept. I need to redo my resume.
  • The cat has decided that he's not gonna piss in the litterbox no more. LO's room and the hallway apparently are better. This past weekend I was gone for two days and the litterbox was not wet at all. So I locked him in my bedroom and master bath today and since there are no open corners in my bedroom, he did manage to piss in the litterbox.
  • I don't know what to do about the carpet in the hallway. It stinks if you are near the floor. I put newspaper down in the area, just in case to soak up the urine. Have been using the enzyme anti urine stuff (all four variations of said products) but the area still smells.
  • Talk about the subprime lending crisis. My little sister is 80K - 80 fucking K - underwater on her condo in South Florida (basically underwater for half the value she bought it at). She is shitting her pants at the moment hoping Obama gets into office and that she qualifies for the Help for Homeowners program - but she is not sure that her lender would take a 80k writedown on the mortgage. She doesn't want to foreclose which would mean a 250 point hit on her credit score. A bankruptcy renegotiation would be a 150 point credit score hit. Jesus, she is fucked.
  • LO is doing ok. She is with me this week.
  • Her father bitched at me about money (what else is new) on Sunday. Legal stuff is at a standstill as I refused to sign paperwork changing the health insurance to SM's plan (ex was carrying LO on his plan) -- I didn't find out about this until his attorney sent something over to mine. I told my attorney that I had no idea about the plan switch and that I wouldn't sign papers until there was a discussion. That was a few weeks ago. I haven't heard anything and so I think that this will be shelved until renegotiations at the beginning of the year. Dumbass. (Note: if he wants to look at switching the health plan that's is fine, what I am trying to stop with having the attorneys involved cha ching! is the non-communication - I have no idea about the plan she was getting switched to. The big point is that it was presented as a de facto change sans due dilligence.)
  • I suspect that ex is trying to consolidate all of his finances as SM is only working part time and they are oooooh trying to get pregnant! And oh, he was able to afford a trip to Mexico last week. So there's his priorities.
  • Talking about traveling, I have my passport now. uh huh.
  • I may be taking a trip out to Utah in November/December to meet up with K as he'll be out there for business.
  • I got my hair straightened last week. My hair looked really terrible - dried out and unruly with about an inch of really damaged hair at the ends. Anyway, I walked into work on Friday and every male (married and unmarried) that I know just would stop in front of me to "And what did you DO to your hair? It looks nice!" Even the resident patchouli smelling hippie noticed. And damn it, I look HAWT.
  • Two weekends ago was my last weekend in Philly to have a bona fide place to crash. On that Saturday, I managed to go out to Oktoberfest in Middle Village and drink about four cups of pumpkin ale in the middle of the day, tried to get people out and about, drunk texted folks, stopped to eat something at K's, met up with work friends and had a few drinks, dragged K and work friend to Bob and Barbaras and had a few "happy meals". At that point, K went home and work friend and I then wandered over to a goth/punk bar across the street from Bob and Barbaras and I apparently was chatty with the old tattooed bouncer, then just rocked out at the place for a bit and about 1:30am as work friend and I were grabbing a cab, work friend decided that we just had to go to South Philly to get a cheesesteak. So we did. Uh Huh.
  • And the next morning, I found $15 in my wallet, whence I started the night with $60 or so I thought. I fear that either I dropped money in a cab or that bouncer didn't give me change for the dumbass cover charge. No wonder he was amused by me.
  • I have no idea what is going on with K and I. He moved this past weekend to an apartment near his work (and near where my aunt's family lives) which is about an hour away with no traffic. I was with him this weekend and he seemed, well relieved that I wasn't throwing a fit. I don't know what else to say. He feels that he needs to at least lose some weight/get in shape and wait for next May when his options vest. After that, I don't know. I am not explicitly waiting for him (like I waited for ex when I was younger). It's more of an "Eh I wouldn't not consider something just because he's around and doesn't have his proverbial shit together at the moment" kind of feeling.
  • My girlfriends at work are a little worried about K (and they have said so during our drunken outings), as I don't seem as happy.
  • On the other hand, he gave me shit over the weekend because the wallpaper on my donutphone is of the concert I went to last year with LG on my birthday. He asks me "why do you keep a picture of a concert that you went to with another guy?" My response is that "It was on my birthday, I paid for the tickets, drove us there and it was just to have another body there with me." He was not amused by the response.
  • Oh, I almost forgot. I have gained weight for no apparent reason it seems. I'm at 120 lbs now (which is the ideal weight for my height) but what is funny is that I have never been at this weight before except for when I was postpartum. For most of my adult life I was underweight at about 105 lbs. The only thing I can think of is that K and I eat out a bit. Other than that, I have no idea. But at least I have some cleavage now and a bit of belly (I am not appreciative of the belly).

That is all.

< Bayes and Jeffreys and Jaynes | An Invite to One and All: Weetacon Meetup >
update | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback
Cat urine problem... by atreides (2.00 / 0) #1 Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 07:16:18 PM EST
Go out and get a hand steamer. I have one of these and it works wonders on stains, smells and a number of other household thingies. When the new cat decided to start pissing in the bedroom corner, I steamed that corner every day and after a few days, he quit, probably since he got the point that the scent didn't stay so that's not the place to piss. That and the water bottles we sprayed him with.

He sails from world to world in a flying tomb, serving gods who eat hope.

Or just get rid of teh carpets by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 1) #4 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 01:56:20 AM EST
Carpets are so 20th century.

Indeed they are! Now, are you going to by greyrat (2.00 / 0) #5 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 02:36:08 AM EST
give us the $4000 we'll need for the materials to do that? We'll happily do the work, but until we get our one million dollar economic bailout, we can't afford to do that. I can't however speak for ms hack.

I've heard... by lb008d (2.00 / 0) #13 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 05:33:49 AM EST
that cats with urinary tract infections will often pee away from their litterbox because they associate it with pain. Just an idea.

The enzyme stuff is...eh. by vorheesleatherface (2.00 / 0) #2 Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 07:21:27 PM EST
if you can get away with vacating the area and using an ozone machine for a couple days...better than ripping up carpet.

HAWT hair? I demad proof. ... ...infidel!

120 lbs. Christ on a rubber crutch. you're a tiny girl aren't you?

DIARY BLAHBLAHBLAH by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #3 Mon Oct 20, 2008 at 11:17:15 PM EST
WORTHLESS BLEAHBLEAH PICS BLEAHBLEAHBLEAH CLEAVAGE DROOL BLEAHBLEAHBLEAHBLEAH I'LL BE IN MY BUNK BLEAHBLEAHBLEAHBUH-BLEAH.

Is that the sound of you fapping? by Dr H0ffm4n (4.00 / 2) #6 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 03:00:36 AM EST

Age does terrible things to a person. /nt by ni (4.00 / 2) #9 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 03:20:50 AM EST

You can hear it all the way over there? by ammoniacal (2.00 / 0) #10 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 04:03:40 AM EST

In the myspace link? by georgeha (2.00 / 0) #11 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 04:58:27 AM EST

sister's mortgage by StackyMcRacky (2.00 / 0) #7 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 03:13:11 AM EST
is she just upside-down, or did she over buy to begin with?  that program is for people who over bought (usually via interest-only ARM) and can't afford the payments any more.  if she's just upside down....well, that's real estate.

I don't understand why being by miker2 (4.00 / 2) #8 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 03:20:44 AM EST
upside down on a house is so important.  I can understand the worry if you're trying to sell; that would suck, but otherwise just keep paying and the values will bounce back eventually.

Most folks are upside down on cars, why are houses so different?

Ah, sociopathy. How warm, how comforting, thy sweet embrace. - MNS
my guess by StackyMcRacky (4.00 / 1) #12 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 05:14:43 AM EST
is the total belief in the myths "real estate will always go up in value" and "your house is your greatest asset."

like everything else, real estate goes up and down.  if you don't understand that, then you probably shouldn't be buying a house.

also, i don't think people understand the meaning of the word "asset."

the fact that most people are upside down on cars just goes to show the complete lack of financial education in this country.

Yeah by kwsNI (2.00 / 0) #14 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 06:06:48 AM EST
People keep asking me why I'm not worried about my 401k taking a 40k hit this year.  I'm here thinking it's probably going to go up in the 40 years until I retire and for now, every week's contributions are buying twice the shares they were getting last year at this time.

People are stupid, prone to panic, by MohammedNiyalSayeed (2.00 / 0) #16 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 12:46:20 PM EST

and mostly unaware of how "the market" works, despite its obvious simplicity.

I have been buying stock like a madman in the past week. The premise is simple; buy low, sell high. Prices are low now, yet people are bailing out of their 401k plans, which is the exact opposite of what they should be doing. Still, hard for me to complain, as the more these people panic, the lower the stock prices drop, and the better the bargain each one could potentially be.

speshul kat ltttr by iGrrrl (2.00 / 0) #15 Tue Oct 21, 2008 at 10:28:50 AM EST
 I had this problem with the new cat, who decided the plants and the insulation in the eaves would be better, and shelled out for a special litter recommended by the Especially for Pets store (don't know if they're national). It worked, and I could go back to the other stuff. None of my cats would ever use the pelleted recycled paper stuff.

"Beautiful wine, talking of scattered everythings"
(and thanks to Scrymarch)

update | 16 comments (16 topical, 0 hidden) | Trackback